Why do people do this?! Watch

Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I went out with my friends, as of today all 20, on friday we went to a bar and got chatting to 3 guys in their late 20s, all moderatly attractive, we talked about the usual stuff and I asked one guy what he did for a living, he said that he'd started his own finance company and that he'd been in Las Vegas on business that week, He got my number and we were texting and he said that he was in New York working today, I was a bit suspicious and checked my credit then sent him a text and checked again and my bablance had only gone down by 10p, so he was still in the country, why did he lie?!
doodle7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To impress you?

Don't even try to understand how men's brains operate...it will get you nowhere!
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
cos he wants you to think hes mega cool.. when he probably sits in a dank and dark demountable all day or something
mcg-innit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
might be trying to impress you ? ...
but clearly failing
rscully
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because guys that run their own finance company and go to NY/Vegas on business often get more girls than deadbeat stoners who haven't had a job since they dropped out of uni. Text him and tell him you've figured it out and tell us what he says.

Then text me, I single handedly built a FTSE100 company and am the worlds youngest billionaire.
bhap08
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because he wants to get into your knickers sweetheart.
Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
cos he wants you to think hes mega cool.. when he probably sits in a dank and dark demountable all day or something
yup, this is what I'm worried about!! anon, ey? it's you isn't it!!

but why lie so blatently?! i mean If he just said he worked in finance i'd still be impressed!!
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To impress you obviously.
Nalced
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He just wants sex. Unlike me, just last week I was in stuck in Glasgow getting mug, now I'm sitting in Thailand at a internet cafe wondering how best to spend my student loan- Attractive man I am.:yep:
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
His name wasnt Robert Hendy Freegard was it?
Arielle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lot of guys do this. Two of my friends always tell girls they've just finished training to be firemen and all these stories and how they've saved babies from burning houses. Sounds stupid but trust me, I couldn't believe it either but it works with them every time.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Arielle)
A lot of guys do this. Two of my friends always tell girls they've just finished training to be firemen and all these stories and how they've saved babies from burning houses. Sounds stupid but trust me, I couldn't believe it either but it works with them every time.
Wow, I'd love to be a fireman. If I ever get rich, I may take time out to become one. Such a cool job, saving lives.
unfake_placebo
Report 9 years ago
Your credit only going down 10p doesn't necessarily prove he's still in the country. As long as its a British number you get charged the normal amount to text, even if the phone's abroad, I think. That's how it works for me at least. So maybe he wasn't lying... ?
*sparkles*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by unfake_placebo)
Your credit only going down 10p doesn't necessarily prove he's still in the country. As long as its a British number you get charged the normal amount to text, even if the phone's abroad, I think. That's how it works for me at least. So maybe he wasn't lying... ?
Yehh, he could be lying, that's true, but when people have texted me from whilst I'm abroad it only costs them the usual amount, it only costs me more!
pinkspiders
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He wanted to impress you. He wanted to get into your pants. You're pretty and out of his league otherwise. Sort of flattering if you think...
cactus kid :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by unfake_placebo)
This person is correct
xjenni83x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by doodle7)
To impress you?

Don't even try to understand how men's brains operate...it will get you nowhere!
what she said! lol

but if he needs to lie, he's probably a total loser.

Seen The Inbetweeners? Think Jay....
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i thought it coast you the same the text abroad, but then coast the recever aswell.
Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Rep:
?
(Original post by xjenni83x)
what she said! lol

but if he needs to lie, he's probably a total loser.

Seen The Inbetweeners? Think Jay....
watching it now, pure genius!!

he didnt seem like the loser type but vegas one week NY the next sounds pretty out there for some one i found in a bar in bristol!!
xjenni83x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
watching it now, pure genius!!

he didnt seem like the loser type but vegas one week NY the next sounds pretty out there for some one i found in a bar in bristol!!
exactly, and you should ALWAYS listen to your gut instinct!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads