The Student Room Group

was he trying to ask me out?

So i get a text from this guy saying...
hey, how are you, would you like to go to the cinema tomorrow evening?

I then check with my group of friends whether its a group thing, and they said ye they were asked to, but for tonight rather than 2moro.

I replied to the guy i couldnt, as its our leavers ball tomorrow night and he said ah ok i thought it may have been...he didnt mention that he actualy meant tonight :s

so was he asking just me :s-smilie: or perhaps it was just a mix up

perhaps im reading into it way too much
Reply 1
He was asking you, but was afraid of the rejection so had a back up plan to pretend it was a mix up in case you said "nope, I don't want to date you". If you're interested text him in a couple of days saying "wondered if you wanted to catch that movie..."
Reply 2
rscully
He was asking you, but was afraid of the rejection so had a back up plan to pretend it was a mix up in case you said "nope, I don't want to date you". If you're interested text him in a couple of days saying "wondered if you wanted to catch that movie..."

i like this idea =] aha but i dno ...would a guy go to all that trouble, why just not ask em directly :s
Reply 3
Anonymous
i like this idea =] aha but i dno ...would a guy go to all that trouble, why just not ask em directly :s

A guy would go to that amount of trouble, we're often just as shy/self-conscious/scared of rejection as girls.
rscully
A guy would go to that amount of trouble, we're often just as shy/self-conscious/scared of rejection as girls.

How much do you get paid for this stuff?
Probably asking you out :p:
Reply 6
rscully

he is pretty shy, right i shall take ur advice and text him in a few days =] thankss, il let u know how it goes =]
Reply 7
TheMeister
How much do you get paid for this stuff?

My payment comes in the form of never getting anywhere with girls because I fall into the friend zone far too easily. It's a selfless work, but someone has to do it!
rscully
My payment comes in the form of never getting anywhere with girls because I fall into the friend zone far too easily. It's a selfless work, but someone has to do it!

Unfortunately, I share that pain. I try and try, but it goes in the wrong direction (towards 'friendship') and then when I make a move it's "we're just friends, right?". :sigh:

Spoiler

And, yes, OP, he probably was trying to ask you out. I'd resort to those methods were I in his situation.
Reply 10
TheMeister
Unfortunately, I share that pain. I try and try, but it goes in the wrong direction (towards 'friendship') and then when I make a move it's "we're just friends, right?".

Too many girls like bad guys, I think I'm going to buy a leather jacket and get a piercing, that's what bad guys do, right?
Reply 11
yep asking you out well now that you've got your answer a simple text should go to far
He was trying to ask you out, but was scared of rejection. I got a text like this myself and the guy was so relieved when i said yes.
Reply 13
rscully

exactly this
rscully
Too many girls like bad guys, I think I'm going to buy a leather jacket and get a piercing, that's what bad guys do, right?

That's where I've been going wrong! I thought they liked Classic FM...
Reply 15
jonny23563
That's where I've been going wrong! I thought they liked Classic FM...

lmao
Reply 16
Wawa:<
Lafin23
Eurgh, please don't. Us nice guys have a reputation to uphold! Same problem entirely...the moment they start seeing you as a confidante you know you're in trouble...

Really weird thing is, girls do often like me...but they're never ever my type, and the girls that I do like never fall for me. Oh, and the most important girl in my life chose to wait until a year after I'd moved country to tell me how she felt about me. How depressing :-)

Back to the OP, though...yeah. Probably. If you like him, tell him :-)

All these friend zone stories can be quite depressing.

But it’s not as if a friend can never lead to anything more, right? But anyway, take comfort I knowing friends are great. :- )

To the OP, I’d assume that yes indeed he does like you. I’d take trusty Rscully’s advice and text him in a few days if you are interested.
Reply 18
He was asking you out.

Latest

Trending

Trending