business school without math in A level Watch

aliimran
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have done some research myself but i am still confused. A friend of mine does not have math in A levels, he's doing his A levels in law, media studies and economics.
He'd like to study business management.
Most of the good universities require A level math. Do you know any university business school that does not?
qwerty27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was under the impression that the majority of universities didn't require maths A level. I do business and computing and there is very little maths involved apart from accounting and half a module on statistics. And barely any of that is a level standard. A quick ucas search tells me that bath doesn't need it, Oxford prefers but does not require. What grades to you have to give me a better idea of where to suggest?

edit: sorry, what grades does your friend have...
aliimran
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by qwerty27)
I was under the impression that the majority of universities didn't require maths A level. I do business and computing and there is very little maths involved apart from accounting and half a module on statistics. And barely any of that is a level standard. A quick ucas search tells me that bath doesn't need it, Oxford prefers but does not require. What grades to you have to give me a better idea of where to suggest?

edit: sorry, what grades does your friend have...
he got 2A's, 5B's and one C in O'levels
AS reults in Law and Economics are yet to come, AA hopefully or could be even BB.
He completes his A level in Law, Economics and Media Studies.
tomtom:)
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aston doesn't require A-Level Maths
qwerty27
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aliimran)
AS reults in Law and Economics are yet to come, AA hopefully or could be even BB.
Whats his grade in media studies? O levels? is he a mature student?

Does he want to do striaght business studies or does he want to do business and economics or whatever?
qwerty27
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This site links these as the best universities for business studies. :

* 1 Oxford
* 2 LSE
* 3 Warwick
* 4 Cambridge
* 5 Bath
* 6 King's College London
* 7 Nottingham
* 8 Lancaster
* 9 Aston
* 10 Manchester
* 11 St Andrews
* 12 Imperial College
* 13 Leeds
* 14 City
* 15 Loughborough
* 16 Cardiff
* 17 Surrey
* 18 Southampton
* 19 Royal Holloway
* 20 Durham
* 21 Edinburgh

Go to UCAS and search by subject. Then search for business studies at those universities. Once you find some courses on business studies in those unis, click on each of them and click on one of the links in red. It should take you through to a page with more red links, click on the link that says course specific requirements and then look under a level. If it asks for maths then ignore it, if it doesn't, then your friend can go there.
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most Universities in the U.K. don't require Mathematics at A-level to study Business or Management. Just do the research properly and you will see this.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aliimran)
Your friend should be okay without Maths, to do Buisness Management at Aston (rated pretty highly from what I can gather) he/she would only need C's in Maths & English O-Level, (or possibly IELTS)

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/aston-busine...ss-management/
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whats his grade in media studies? O levels? is he a mature student?
Does he want to do striaght business studies or does he want to do business and economics or whatever?
No, O-Levels are still taken in some former British Colonies e.g. Pakistan and Bangladesh. They were never abolished completley, only in the UK.
qwerty27
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
No, O-Levels are still taken in some former British Colonies e.g. Pakistan and Bangladesh. They were never abolished completley, only in the UK.
Oh OK then, fair enough. You learn something new every day :yep:
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh OK then, fair enough. You learn something new every day :yep:
I found that out on TSR lol.
tomtom:)
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Your friend should be okay without Maths, to do Buisness Management at Aston (rated pretty highly from what I can gather) he/she would only need C's in Maths & English O-Level, (or possibly IELTS)

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/aston-busine...ss-management/
My firm!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.19%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (590)
47.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise