Buying clothes online- are they brand new from a warehouse..? Watch

Lady Justice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Buying a dress from Oasis to wear for a wedding in the summer. Its 85 pounds, which for me is a lot of money.

I've had lots of bad experiences with expensive clothes- I always seem to end up with the ripped ones or the ones where holes develop five minutes into me wearing the item.

So anyway, with spending this amount of money, I'm really worried about the condition of this dress. I'm kind of reluctant to buy from my local Oasis store, because the dress is quite delicate and I know thousands of people have tried it on.

So if I buy it online, is it definitely gonna come to me brand-new, from a warehouse? Or is there a chance it might come from a store/ might be one lots of people have tried on and returned?

Shall I buy it online or in-store?
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lady Justice)
Buying a dress from Oasis to wear for a wedding in the summer. Its 85 pounds, which for me is a lot of money.

I've had lots of bad experiences with expensive clothes- I always seem to end up with the ripped ones or the ones where holes develop five minutes into me wearing the item.

So anyway, with spending this amount of money, I'm really worried about the condition of this dress. I'm kind of reluctant to buy from my local Oasis store, because the dress is quite delicate and I know thousands of people have tried it on.

So if I buy it online, is it definitely gonna come to me brand-new, from a warehouse? Or is there a chance it might come from a store/ might be one lots of people have tried on and returned?

Shall I buy it online or in-store?
It's not necessarily one people have tried on, remember that. Check for rips and any damage before you pay, and make sure you keep a receipt.

But yes, clothes online are brand new from the warehouse, so you shouldn't have any problems. Depending how picky you're being over postage, I'd possibly think about getting it instore, but you're going to be safe no matter what you do, so don't worry!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.69%
No - but I will (100)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (622)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise