Facial Hair Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anon because there are people I know on here that I wouldn't want to know it's me.

I'm female and I've noticed recently that I have a lot of hair on my upper and lower lip. Now, it's not the same kind of hair a guy gets; rather, it's very fine and light and not noticeable unless you look closer at it.

The problem is, there is a lot of it and I'm getting paranoid that people will start noticing.

My question is, what's the best way of thinning it out/removing it altogether that won't cause it to grow back thicker and darker (as well as really quickly)? It looks like threading is my best bet but I thought I'd ask first to be sure.

Cheers.
stripy_socks07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hair removal cream....you get one from boots specially for this. or i've heard of bleaching but i'm not sure about that. Personally, if it's not dark hair then i would be tempted to leave it xx
~tifa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Threading/Waxing. Will cost you roughly £5 from any asian salon...

Bleaching is just dodgy. -shakes head-
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thread it. And what do you mean lower lip? Chin?
If it's not really noticable, then I'd say don't worry, but obviously it's bothering you so thread it. I do love the feeling after being threaded, although for me, it really hurts! :eek3:
Ijustdon'treallyknow
Badges: 9
Report 9 years ago
I've just ordered an 'Epicare', I don't know how good it is yet because I haven't received it but I hear really good reviews about it. And don't worry if it isn't that noticeable at the moment, wait until if it gets bad otherwise you'll be wasting money and time for no reason
Anonymous #1
By lower lip, I mean directly under my bottom lip, if that makes sense. It's not really a problem there, it's mainly the top lip that bothers me.

Bleaching isn't an option since the hair is already light enough. It's just there's a fair bit of hair in that area so I'm paranoid people will soon start noticing it, even if it is light.
stefano
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
SLightly weird but I saw this GORGEOUS blonde girl working in carphone warehouse. SHe had unusually prominent blonde facial hair on her upper lip. and it didnt freak me out at all. I though it was sexy!!! Honestly.

Her overall look was kind of bohemian sexy festival goer and she wasnt repulsive AT ALL. 100% attractive
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dont shave or you'll have to do it every day. If youre going to wax or thread- make sure you get it done professionaly.

Hair removal cream stinks and can irratate your skin especially on delicate areas like that. waxing also can irratate. Go for threading, ive heard nothing but good things.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by stefano)
SLightly weird but I saw this GORGEOUS blonde girl working in carphone warehouse. SHe had unusually prominent blonde facial hair on her upper lip. and it didnt freak me out at all. I though it was sexy!!! Honestly.

Her overall look was kind of bohemian sexy festival goer and she wasnt repulsive AT ALL. 100% attractive
That sounds a little bit like me. I'm blonde as well, just the hair on my face freaks me out. Or maybe I'm just being too paranoid about everything lately.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I'll consider asking someone I know for their opinion on whether it looks awful or not and maybe try threading.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Veet facial wax strips. My sister used to tease me about my top lip until i started using them!
kexy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Flaming cocktails get ordered at the beginning of the evening if i'm on a date with a girl who has a hairy lip. :yep:
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would'nt do anything until the first time its seriously mentioned. You are human, and hair is something we all get xD
BramsSTFU
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow I didn't even know about threading before I came in here, I'm glad I found out about it
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Shave. It works for me.
Ijustdon'treallyknow
Badges: 9
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by N00bsicle)
I would'nt do anything until the first time its seriously mentioned. You are human, and hair is something we all get xD
I agree! Try not to get too paranoid, you would notice it more than anyone else!
Mahia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ~tifa)
Threading/Waxing. Will cost you roughly £5 from any asian salon...

Bleaching is just dodgy. -shakes head-
I agree with threading. I get it for £2!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads