Snack food Watch

This discussion is closed.
lostinfantasies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
who does the shopping your house? couldn't you ask them to get more?
Mum does the shopping and she didn't know about the appointment (stupid pledge for independance - typical teenage attitude). I might just say "Mum, could you please get more fruit/savoury snacky things? I'd rather them than snacking on chocolate"

I may have to opt for a compromise - like *starbuck* said if they're fat-free AND sugar-free, they'd be containing just bad carbs, and while I want to lose a bit of weight, it's not REALLY needed. And my health is much more important than my appearance at the moment.
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *starbuck*)
If they are sugar and fat free then what do they contain?! My guess would be fast processed carbohydrates which are not good for you and would do the original poster no good whatsoever given her medical condition.
whatever, no need to have a go at me, ive had a hard enough day as it is!
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well My mum has sugar level problems, so the whole house is healthy eating.. This tends to be Loads of fruit and veg, and Seriously Muller Lights.. are so good. Also muller corners have a new 'healthy balance' yogurt out.. Also dried fruit. Yum. also These great crisps/cracker things called 'Seasons' there baked not fried and are really Nice.
Also Hint if your feeling hngry, try a drink of water first.. Because sometimes Hunger can just be dehydration.. or something to that tune. But waters good anyway.
bohogirlie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
Well My mum has sugar level problems, so the whole house is healthy eating.. This tends to be Loads of fruit and veg, and Seriously Muller Lights.. are so good. Also muller corners have a new 'healthy balance' yogurt out.. Also dried fruit. Yum. also These great crisps/cracker things called 'Seasons' there baked not fried and are really Nice.
Also Hint if your feeling hngry, try a drink of water first.. Because sometimes Hunger can just be dehydration.. or something to that tune. But waters good anyway.
The muller corners healthy balance yogurst are actually not bad, i was quite suprised when i tried one last night! Water is good, i feel much better when i drink lots of it.
*starbuck*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
whatever, no need to have a go at me, ive had a hard enough day as it is!
Sorry. Wasn't having a go at you, it just irritates me when people advocate cereal bars as good for you when they are really the devils food!
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Unsweetened/salty popcorn? It's quite healthy too
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bohogirlie)
The muller corners healthy balance yogurst are actually not bad, i was quite suprised when i tried one last night! Water is good, i feel much better when i drink lots of it.
I know, I thought they wouldnt be very nice.. But Mm tropical crunch thang. Nice.
mxox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rice cakes are supposed to be very low in fat.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
carrot sticks
Nuts - i.e. sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are quite good.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads