The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That girl trying to be clever asking about whether he had cut through all layers of the dura or just the dura mater...:facepalm:
Reply 81
Poor surgeon in the studio hasn't said a thing all night.
Reply 82
Subcutaneous
lol an advert shown in the break :p:

Oh right haha! There's me thinking it's an integral part of the operation :p:
Lucy :)
Poor surgeon in the studio hasn't said a thing all night.

Probs relieved he's not on the spot! Last night the poor geezer had to second guess what the surgeon was doing in theatre!
tomorrow night seems boring, yeah addenbrookes..but..keyhole?? ZZzzzzzzz
digitalis
That girl trying to be clever asking about whether he had cut through all layers of the dura or just the dura mater...:facepalm:

Wasn't she the same girl who asked about the sodium potassium pump (?) last night
and the guy was like... no, the hearts not beating
sidewalkwhenshewalks
Wasn't she the same girl who asked about the sodium potassium pump (?) last night
and the guy was like... no, the hearts not beating

Probably. Why do they feel the need to try and show off? Even though the pump was such a stupid question.
OriginofSymmetry
Probably. Why do they feel the need to try and show off? Even though the pump was such a stupid question.

Live TV = kudos to friends and family watching = major embarrasment as they try to "pimp" a consultant on live TV.
digitalis
That girl trying to be clever asking about whether he had cut through all layers of the dura or just the dura mater...

LOL.

I recorded it as I was revising tonight :sad: Will watch it later, but lol. How did the guy reply to the question?
Democracy

LOL.

I recorded it as I was revising tonight Will watch it later, but lol. How did the guy reply to the question?

He said something like "Well yes, I have cut through all the layers of the dura"...saying as he resects in the temporal lobe and is about to cut into one of the ventricles :doh:
Reply 90
Subcutaneous
tomorrow night seems boring, yeah addenbrookes..but..keyhole?? ZZzzzzzzz

He is one of the better lap surgeons out there...:tongue:
Reply 91
visesh
He is one of the better lap surgeons out there...:tongue:
That makes it all better. Lap butchery is just neater butchery.
Reply 92
OriginofSymmetry

Med students - its in their blood :tongue:

(not all of them...)

(no offence meant =] )
Lucy :)
Are operations usually carried out this late? Or are they just doing it this late to keep it Live?

not definite, but i think some surgeons will do private work this late at night, after nhs daytime work.
Reply 94
Its on so late because of the watershed and whatnot. You can't show this sort of thing, someone's heart/brain being operated on at half 5 when people are eating dinner =]

Anyway, despite it being an hour and a half after the watershed, and being blindingly obvious form the title (Surgery Live) some people still tuned in and were horrified by what they saw that they felt the need to complain.

I think this is one of the best things Channel 4 has done in a while.
Reply 95
Channel 4 are really good with programmes like this they did Autopsy a couple of years ago.
The first episode is up on 4oD now, just managed to watch it. Fascinating stuff, shame it was a bit difficult to see alot but very interesting nonetheless.
Reply 97
Im not sure how good tonight's will be. Its going to be keyhole, so we'll only have the one small camera view of inside the patient, compared to everything being on display...

I'll still watch lol
Shayke
Im not sure how good tonight's will be. Its going to be keyhole, so we'll only have the one small camera view of inside the patient, compared to everything being on display...

I'll still watch lol

Yeah, I imagine keyhole will be a bit of a snore.

...But I'll still watch
Reply 99
Shayke

I'll still watch lol
Keyhole generally gives you a better view of what's going on.

Latest

Trending

Trending