The Student Room Group

Ive got crap grades what shall i do aaaah

I Did As Level Last Year And Got 2 D's In Bio And Pe And C In Psy. However I Really Want Ta Do Physio And U Need 3 B's. Im Resitting Some Modules Which Should Bring Grade Up A Bit But Not A Lot. Also My Estimated Grades R Really Low So Its Unlikely Ill Even Get In Uni. If I Worked Hard This Year Do Ya Recken I Could Pull The Grades Up Or Should I Give Up And Look For Another Career. Plz Tell Me Wot Ya Think Even If Its Bad
Reply 1
emmz
I Did As Level Last Year And Got 2 D's In Bio And Pe And C In Psy. However I Really Want Ta Do Physio And U Need 3 B's. Im Resitting Some Modules Which Should Bring Grade Up A Bit But Not A Lot. Also My Estimated Grades R Really Low So Its Unlikely Ill Even Get In Uni. If I Worked Hard This Year Do Ya Recken I Could Pull The Grades Up Or Should I Give Up And Look For Another Career. Plz Tell Me Wot Ya Think Even If Its Bad

Resit most of your AS modules.
Reply 2
Bhaal85
Resit most of your AS modules.

thanx but ive only got till jan lol
Reply 3
emmz
thanx but ive only got till jan lol

6 weeks. plenty of time. what subjects?
Reply 4
Bhaal85
6 weeks. plenty of time. what subjects?

biology, psychology and P.E resittin 1 mod psy and 1mod p.e
also doin a2 exam in bio
so 3 exams in jan aaah
Reply 5
emmz
biology, psychology and P.E resittin 1 mod psy and 1mod p.e
also doin a2 exam in bio
so 3 exams in jan aaah

If you think thats hard wait until June, you will have like 6 exams. lol.

I have ABC grades already at A-level, and I am resitting, I got 4 modules in Jan. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Bhaal85
If you think thats hard wait until June, you will have like 6 exams. lol.

I have ABC grades already at A-level, and I am resitting, I got 4 modules in Jan. :rolleyes:

do you know roughly wot date in jan the exams are coz ive no idea
Reply 7
Do what Bhaal said. But consider doing Year 14 if need be (god forbid)...
Reply 8
kingpong
Nah, it's not a biggie if your prepared to do the work. I'm currently doing my a2 resit year and it isn't all bad.

Are you a third year student?
Reply 9
emmz

You remind me of someone-- can't quite put a name to it though.
Reply 10
Bhaal85
Are you a third year student?

no im second year a2 but resittin 2 as mods
emmz

life doesn't revolve around grades, plenty of succesfull,wealthy academic underachievers succeed,well that's what i keep telling myself!
Reply 12
Bhaal Why are you retaking if you got ABC thats really not that bad. Also does it make a difference to university entrance for you? When I did my A Levels the offers were conditional in that they wanted you to have a certain set of grades at first sitting. If you retook your A Levels most unis made you higher offers. However this was in the days before modular A Levels so does the same apply. Also do you have to put all original and resit grades on the UCAS we used to have to do that as well which would make it pretty pointless to retake unless you had done really badly.
Reply 13
viviki
Bhaal Why are you retaking if you got ABC thats really not that bad. Also does it make a difference to university entrance for you? When I did my A Levels the offers were conditional in that they wanted you to have a certain set of grades at first sitting. If you retook your A Levels most unis made you higher offers. However this was in the days before modular A Levels so does the same apply. Also do you have to put all original and resit grades on the UCAS we used to have to do that as well which would make it pretty pointless to retake unless you had done really badly.

I applied originally for management at UMIST, and Business with Maths at Manchester. I got in. However I felt that I didn't wanna persue a role in management, I wanted to practise law instead, hence my decision to re-apply this year for law. You say that ABC isn't that bad, to me I feel that I have underachieved somewhat. So I have decided to resit some modules at college. I already have an unconditional offer from Leicester Uni, and a conditional from Sheffiled (AAB).
Reply 14
Is it the norm these days then for people to resit after A Levels? It used to be very uncommon there was only one guy who resat at my school and the reason for that was because he completely failed. He went from UUE to AAA. So well worth it I think.
Reply 15
If all else fails, you can always get a wonderful and fulfilling career as a garbage man or pamphlet distributer.

Latest

Trending

Trending