The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Axes
Your sarcasm is irrelevant. In democratic countries, if a political individual believes or tries to create laws counter to that nations constitution (or constitutional laws), he can be banned from politics.

Not in a free country he can't. Indeed, what you suggest is nothing short of totalitarian.
L i b
Not in a free country he can't. Indeed, what you suggest is nothing short of totalitarian.

Who says a perfectly free country is the correct model? There should be well defined boundaries such as a 'no platform for racists, homophobes, sexists etc' You shouldn't be allowed to be involved in the political process if you hold these or other extreme views which I have not alluded to for a reason.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Leave the country? The country we've been in for over 1000 years, that our grandfathers, great grandfathers, great great grandfathers... lived in. Get out... like we're ******* immigrants?

**** off and don't speak as though you know anything.

The muslims use their religous book to oppress others- suppression of the christian population in the middle east-down to 5% in the last century.
On the other hand, Israel is way more democratic and a non Jew can safely walk through Tel Aviv.

Now onto your question...muslims place alot of emphasis on their book so this right should be afforded to others too. It is the Promised Land according to the Torah and thus it should be respected.

If people want to mourn their independence day then this is abuse of freedom of speech. Even the UK has announced that freedom of speech has to be within reason.

So yeah definitely mourning should be banned as people who behave like this are going against the constitutional values of the State.
Reply 23
L i b

What I suggest is practiced in every single western country on earth. Numerous parties in the US, Canada and the UK are banned for election if their ideologies do not coincide with those countries basic moral principles or constitutions. If Lieberman advocates ethnic cleansing, or state-run discrimination, he should be banned from politics, just like modern fascists are banned from running for election in numerous European countries (notice, Im not speaking of Le-Pen, but of far more extreme parties).
Reply 24
Cover Drive

Now onto your question...muslims place alot of emphasis on their book so this right should be afforded to others too. It is the Promised Land according to the Torah and thus it should be respected.

Do you even know the name of the book you talk about?

And do you even know on what Islamic rulings are based on?

You really are truly lost. Muslims/Christians don't say they should live in Palestine because the Bible or the Quran says so. They say they want to live their because they have done so for hundreds of years if not thousands.

Cover Drive

If people want to mourn their independence day then this is abuse of freedom of speech.

Most countries independence didn't result in the displacement of 700000 of the indeginous people. Why should the party effected celebrate 700000 of their people becoming refugees and them losing their rights and land?
Sakujo
Do you even know the name of the book you talk about?

And do you even know on what Islamic rulings are based on?

You really are truly lost. Muslims/Christians don't say they should live in Palestine because the Bible or the Quran says so. They say they want to live their because they have done so for hundreds of years if not thousands.

When did I say because the Bible/Quran says so :rolleyes: I just said that muslims regard the Quran as the word of God and impose shariya law/restrictions on other minorities in Islamic states, that's why there has been a decrease in the christian/jewish population in the middle east. Therefore the Jews are allowed to regard their book as the word of God too? And Israel is described as the Promised Land in their book.

Most countries independence didn't result in the displacement of 700000 of the indeginous people. Why should the party effected celebrate 700000 of their people becoming refugees and them losing their rights and land?

Israel is 80% Jewish and the vast majority respect their constitution-it goes against the consitution to effectively call for the state's destruction. It's time to look forward for 2 states to co-exist peacefully, none of this mourning/destruction of Israel rubbish.

Can't they move into the west bank or isn't this possible?
Reply 26
Axes
What I suggest is practiced in every single western country on earth. Numerous parties in the US, Canada and the UK are banned for election if their ideologies do not coincide with those countries basic moral principles or constitutions.

No they are not.
Reply 27
Cover Drive
When did I say because the Bible/Quran says so :rolleyes: I just said that muslims regard the Quran as the word of God and impose shariya law/restrictions on other minorities in Islamic states, that's why there has been a decrease in the christian/jewish population in the middle east. Therefore the Jews are allowed to regard their book as the word of God too? And Israel is described as the Promised Land in their book.

So Muslims have justed started implementing Sharia and as a result there's been a decrease in Christians? I can't be asked with this rubbish, seriously, not the right thread to discuss this in.

Cover Drive

Israel is 80% Jewish and the vast majority respect their constitution-it goes against the consitution to effectively call for the state's destruction. It's time to look forward for 2 states to co-exist peacefully, none of this mourning/destruction of Israel rubbish.

Can't they move into the west bank or isn't this possible?

Way to dodge the point. Let me put it to you this way, if 700000 of your people became refugees and you lost most of your homeland, would you not under a democracy want to remember them?
Reply 28
L i b
No they are not.

Really now? Can a Nazi party get elected to Canada's parliment? Can a party supporting mass murder of a race get elected too? No, they would be banned. Parties who's ideals go contrast to modern liberal and democratic ethics tend to be banned even in the biggest democracies. This is how democratic regimes defend themselves.
Reply 29
Axes
Really now? Can a Nazi party get elected to Canada's parliment?

Yes.

Can a party supporting mass murder of a race get elected too?

The party can, but the individuals would likely be arrested. Conspiracy and incitement to murder are crimes.
Reply 30
Bubbles*de*Milo
Leave the country? The country we've been in for over 1000 years, that our grandfathers, great grandfathers, great great grandfathers... lived in. Get out... like we're ******* immigrants?

**** off and don't speak as though you know anything.

Calm down dear, it's just a troll.
Reply 31
They're both wrong, they are both basically from the same descent, just divided be religion, they should just accept that they are basically the same people, just divided by nonsense written in books like 1000 years ago and get the f*** over it

Jew arab, muslim arab lets call the whole thing off
Reply 32
L i b
Yes.

The party can, but the individuals would likely be arrested. Conspiracy and incitement to murder are crimes.

Im surprised you didn't know this. Parties with certain political ideals cannot get elected to parliment. If a party named "Al-qaeda-canada" attempted to run, it would be banned.
a_t
They're both wrong, they are both basically from the same descent, just divided be religion, they should just accept that they are basically the same people, just divided by nonsense written in books like 1000 years ago and get the f*** over it

Jew arab, muslim arab lets call the whole thing off

No.
Reply 34
Bubbles*de*Milo
No.

sorry no not basically the same people, they are the same people
a_t
sorry no not basically the same people, they are the same people

Go back thousands of years - yeah. We're uncomparable to modern Jews.
Reply 36
Bubbles*de*Milo
Go back thousands of years - yeah. We're uncomparable to modern Jews.

You guyz are all persians and should gtfoverit
a_t

What's it like in your country - Bangladesh?
a_t

Wow. Have you ever read any Middle Eastern history?
ScholarsInk
Wow. Have you ever read any Middle Eastern history?

Heads up... that was a joke.

Latest

Trending

Trending