Turn on thread page Beta

:rofl:

God this cracked me up,

This american guy said:

"You English stole our language!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* what an idiot...

ReputationRep:
    WTF!
    This is why i hate america.

ReputationRep:
    *hangs head* I am ashamed :frown:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    WTF!
    :eek:

i dont hate America i just hate it when they

1. do stupid thing
    2. say stupid thing
    3. think they're bigger and better then everyone else
    4. Put their nose into everyone elses business

Apart from that i like America!

I like you xbellax!!

ReputationRep:
    lol he could of course have been referring to American slang/vernacular i.e. movie speak, colloquialisms etc and he owuld be right - American tv has had that effect...But I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    WTF!
    This is why I hate stupid teenage plebs... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbellax)
    :eek:
    :eek: Sorry but it's true. you're awesome though! Probably one of the few americans i love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    This is why I hate stupid teenage plebs... :rolleyes:
    Did i ask you?

I'm entitled to my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    One of my neighbours was sitting in a cafe when this typical American tourist was directed towards him and waddled over. After a bit of a conversation where the American continually frustrates my neighbour by being arrogant and mentioning terms like Lei-Cess-Ter-Shire and You-Rope, the American goes 'I like yer accent - you speak English very well', to which my neighbour replied: 'No, we speak it properly, whereas you just speak it very badly'

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Sorry but it's true. you're awesome though! Probably one of the few americans i love.
    love u too

.................but why would u make a generalization about an ENTIRE country and its population :eek: it makes u look ignorant .....

(Original post by 4Ed)
    One of my neighbours was sitting in a cafe when this typical American tourist was directed towards him and waddled over. After a bit of a conversation where the American continually frustrates my neighbour by being arrogant and mentioning terms like Lei-Cess-Ter-Shire and You-Rope, the American goes 'I like yer accent - you speak English very well', to which my neighbour replied: 'No, we speak it properly, whereas you just speak it very badly'
    hahahahahahaahahahah God thats funny!!!! :rofl:

Am actually pissing myself laughing.

Nice one to your neighbour!!!!!!

(sorry xbellax about the insult, but that is damn funny!)

ReputationRep:
    love u too

.................but why would u make a generalization about an ENTIRE country and its population :eek: it makes u look ignorant .....
    Sorry, its just that, anytime i have heard about or had an encounter with an american (apart from a couple of people on here ) they have always been arrogant and annoyingly stupid. Its just forced me to have the opinion that America is a country i don't like.

ReputationRep:
    u've never been here! don't hate us because we have a ****** in the white house and because the occasional tourist tries, but fails miserably, to give u guyz a compliment ..................

EDIT : lmao they censored ******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flukey2005)

God this cracked me up,

This american guy said:

"You English stole our language!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why is it called ENGLISH and not AMERICAN then?

ReputationRep:
    u've never been here! don't hate us because we have a ****** in the white house and because the occasional tourist tries, but fails miserably, to give u guyz a compliment ..................
    it's just that the average tourist just doesn't endear himself towards us because they behave in an arrogant fashion and talked as if USA were the centre of the world!

i've met some lovely americans... and I would thoroughly like to visit the States sometime in the near future so I could get in my Hawaiian shirt, shorts and sandals and do the 'tourist'
    *imagines the moves* :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_babe)

Why is it called ENGLISH and not AMERICAN then?
    have any of you tried to install software recently on the PC? When the select language option comes up, it always says 'American English' :eek: and English (British) has disappeared from many of the option menus!

American English doesn't even exist as a language!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    More people speak Standard American English than British English. The language is ours now. :p:

(Original post by 4Ed)
    have any of you tried to install software recently on the PC? When the select language option comes up, it always says 'American English' :eek: and English (British) has disappeared from many of the option menus!

American English doesn't even exist as a language!
    Standard American English is an officially recognized dialect of English.

(Original post by Bismarck)
    More people speak Standard American English than British English. The language is ours now. :p:

Standard American English is an officially recognized dialect of English.

hahahah

hence England and hence English, it will always stay as our language!! You stole it and made it worse :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.