TSR General Election - Results Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yay, a lib dem victory!!!
Shame that didn't get that sort of majority in the real election...

But i'm surprised that labour beat the tories to be honest.
Ribomania
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It was worth it........ well done labour by the way and omrlp- nice one yet again
vickyrkenya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just proves what would probably happen if the electorate was approximately 16-25 year olds!
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Big congratulations to all who took part.
Special thank yous to Ollie, PQ and pig for organising, taking it over, and for their Peter Snow impressions
Also, a big well done to all who voted.
Congratulations to the Lib Dems on an excellent victory, and also congrats on good campaigns to the other parties
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is it possible to work out how many seats the parties would have in a 659 seated House of Commons under our current electoral system?
Bezza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Is it possible to work out how many seats the parties would have in a 659 seated House of Commons under our current electoral system?
for that you'd need to either know where people lived or divide them up into 659 groups some other way which would be pretty hard seeing as there were only about 600 votes!
naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
wtf?? :eek:

has bananaman been creating lots of accounts?
He's sad enough...can't wait to hear his sycophantic speeches abut "tony"
Bezza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
He's sad enough...can't wait to hear his sychophantic speeches abut "tony"
He'll probably try and claim that the shock labour result here on tsr was down to his debating skills :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
for that you'd need to either know where people lived or divide them up into 659 groups some other way which would be pretty hard seeing as there were only about 600 votes!
I was thinking that. The only way to do it so treat the whole country as one constituency and use PR in the sense that % vote does equal % of seats.
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Lib Dems Prevail.. On here anyway.
Not that I care Im living in a Lib-dem ruled cornwall.. Hehe.
Aitch
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
If you allocate one TSR Parliament seat per vote to get a 600 (ish) seat house, you

1) Get an interesting initial parliamentary position.
2) Realise how important a single vote can be...

Aitch
Bezza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Aitch)
If you allocate one TSR Parliament seat per vote to get a 600 (ish) seat house, you

1) Get an interesting initial parliamentary position.
2) Realise how important a single vote can be...

Aitch
That's just proportional represtentation! I assumed he was looking for something more complicated as it would be pretty easy to work out percentages and multiply by 646
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Innocentvictim)
Er but you didn't win so you er...... suck
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
But i'm surprised that labour beat the tories to be honest.
You're joking right? :eek:
Surely.

Please!
:rolleyes:
BananaManUK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
if labour win i'll be really pissed. they have barely feature in a signgle poll, have rearely had a decent voice in a debate...etc etc
/cry baby, There is no doubt you would of won, but hey atleast we beat the Tories.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
That's just proportional represtentation! I assumed he was looking for something more complicated as it would be pretty easy to work out percentages and multiply by 646
I was thinking more of the d'Hont formula etc.
BananaManUK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Innocentvictim)
Er but you didn't win so you er...... suck
It was obvious YOUR ALL STUDENTS
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BananaManUK)
Not all of us. But then if we were all manual workers and this took part in the 60s I can assure you Labour would win, and if we were pensioners the Conservatives would win. Fact of life.

Or perhaps more young people are showing support for the Lib Dems and so in time, say 30 years time, they will have larger support proportionally from adults of the future too? Nobody knows for sure. As you get older you do tend to become conservative but trends break.
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BananaManUK)
Yeh i agree, students who cant see beyond a single policy which would have ruined other areas of the economy. Although im a tad surprised that we finished second as would have thought they Tories would have done better as they have been slightly more vocal, but obviously the rest of TSR came out.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Yeh i agree, students who cant see beyond a single policy which would have ruined other areas of the economy. Although im a tad surprised that we finished second as would have thought they Tories would have done better as they have been slightly more vocal, but obviously the rest of TSR came out.
I guess it just goes to show that it is not party membership numbers which are the most important, but persuading the general population o support you and then getting them out to vote.

It is a suprise we were second...but a nice suprise at tht. I ain't been on all day until now and I was expecting a 4th place....or at best a distant 3rd....never did I imagine a second place with the distance from 1st place the same as that from 3rd
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (517)
80.66%
Leave (124)
19.34%

Watched Threads