Working at Topshop Watch

naughty_brit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I was wondering the criteria they need for the Sales Assistant position in Top Shop and general advice you can give me. I haven't applied yet. I am in the process of completing the application form but I just want general tips and advice on how to get this job because I really need it.
***harri***
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As far as i know, you need to be really into style and have at least a years experience in retail..
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You need to know about fashion and have an interest in it.
They will ask you questions about fashion, current trends and stuff like that.

They assess what you wear, will test you on selecting clothes, customer service and your communication skills.

Good luck
narc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you get an interview they usually give you a scenario, e.g. someone is going on their first date and you need to find them an outfit
naughty_brit
Rep:
?
I don't have any fashion retail experience, will this be frowned upon? The only experience I have is Game which I can not necessarily relate to fashion, but can relate to communication and costumer service.

(Original post by Terryw)
They assess what you wear, will test you on selecting clothes, customer service and your communication skills.
Oh so you have to wear casual clothes, like for example going out clubbing and that sort?
Puma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by naughty_brit)
I don't have any fashion retail experience, will this be frowned upon? The only experience I have is Game which I can not necessarily relate to fashion, but can relate to communication and costumer service.

Oh so you have to wear casual clothes, like for example going out clubbing and that sort?
They will ask you to wear normal everyday clothes. But spruce it up a little.
naughty_brit
Rep:
?
They will ask you to wear normal everyday clothes. But spruce it up a little.
Alright, I am not concerned about what to wear and dressing people up. I am fine with that. The part I need advice is on the general requirement needed for Topshop
Puma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Alright, I am not concerned about what to wear and dressing people up. I am fine with that. The part I need advice is on the general requirement needed for Topshop
See my earlier post:

You need to know about fashion and have an interest in it.
They will ask you questions about fashion, current trends and stuff like that.

naughty_brit
Rep:
?
See my earlier post:
Do you work at Topshop?
elziebelzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i've heard it's a really crap place to work - the managers think they're God and the pay isn't good for the amount of work you have to do. three of my friends quit within a month of working there.
but if you really want the job, the advice i'd give is to just read up on the latest trends, have good reasons why you want to work there, make sure you dress in on-trend clothing and just have a lot of enthusiasm.
naughty_brit
Rep:
?
Also can people give the 3 main fashion trend this season? I have a vague idea but I don't want to put something wrong or something.
elziebelzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Also can people give the 3 main fashion trend this season? I have a vague idea but I don't want to put something wrong or something.
look on the vogue website.
bigman_ben
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Look in topshop's window
RoslynCarter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol...wear this outfit I beg of you

-adidas trackies with poppers down the side.
-Umbro sneakers
-Helly hanson jacket in light blue with...
-A fake Lacoste polo underneath. Collar UP.

You should now be sooooorted
naughty_brit
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoslynCarter)
Lol...wear this outfit I beg of you

-adidas trackies with poppers down the side.
-Umbro sneakers
-Helly hanson jacket in light blue with...
-A fake Lacoste polo underneath. Collar UP.

You should now be sooooorted
Yeah I will:rolleyes: Btw I am not applying for ChavShop.
Schroedinger's Pandora
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The only experience I have with Topshop staff is them looking down their nose at me, being really unhelpful and make me walk out wondering why I ever wanted to spend money in there in the first place, but maybe that's just the Sheffield branch?

Although I have oftentimes enjoyed trying things on in the changing rooms whilst listening in on the staff *****ing about each other outside..
thatsjustit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by little_red_sox)
The only experience I have with Topshop staff is them looking down their nose at me, being really unhelpful and make me walk out wondering why I ever wanted to spend money in there in the first place, but maybe that's just the Sheffield branch?

Although I have oftentimes enjoyed trying things on in the changing rooms whilst listening in on the staff *****ing about each other outside..
The changing room staff at mine spend all their time *****ing as well And when someone comes to try stuff on its like they are getting pissed we're interrupting their convo...wtf.
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This isn't helpful OP, but I wanted to stick up for topshop ^ ^ my local branch is great, the staff are really friendly and helpful!
bethan92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I worked there and it was fine, everyone was really nice!
Interviews are pretty rigorous though.
There's two stages then an all day induction if you get through both them and lots packed into each on. You have to demonstrate you can work well in a group, could get good sales, good customer service and know the latest fashions well. Then in the second interview it's more to do with you as a person, it's an individual interview where you get asked a series of different questions mainly to do with fashion, see what you are like as a person and things like that.
If you get the job it's pretty much the same as any other sales assistant job changing rooms, tills, sorting the rails etc etc. There are lots of opportunites to make your way higher up the jobs in the shop.
Plus with 25% discount at any time in all Arcadia stores and 75% off a certain number of items of clothing instore for your uniform once a month why wouldn't you want to work there! :P
becky_0500
Report 9 years ago
Just so you know retail experience isn't always necessary! I didn't have any and I got a job there over people who didn't have experience, it's just about having a genuine love of fashion. x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads