Nothing to do at work! Watch

sugarjunkie001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Please help me!
i work in a company as 'customer service' - its a small company so im the only person in this team. i have redesigned the whole system to make it easier for customers to solve their own problems (i was told to do this) and now i have very little work to do. i get into work at 9am and am usually finished with all my work by half past.

i have spoken to my manager about this before but he just told me to 'self-start' and find things to do myself. i do jobs for everyone else in the office, but this is not regular and its usually just putting letters in envelopes or something equally yawn-worthy.

i want to have a meeting with manager again to speak about this, i want to be given more work and more responsibility (and hopefully higher pay, currently get paid the least in the office which makes it very uncomfortable as there are huge salary gaps here.) but i worry that my manager will think of me as expendible and get rid of me!

HELP!!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you only have 30 mins of work to do a day, then yes, you are expendable TBH.
sugarjunkie001
Rep:
?
If you only have 30 mins of work to do a day, then yes, you are expendable TBH.
i can understand why you'd think that, but noone else is trained to do my job, and in a few months we are expanding when i will become much busier and in charge of a large group of people. i should have made that point originally, but the problem is that until this time, i want to have more work to do, i feel useless!
Lozzaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi. My name's internet. I can do alot of things. We should be friends.
sugarjunkie001
Rep:
?
Hi. My name's internet. I can do alot of things. We should be friends.
haha hence why i spend so much time on tsr!!
TBone1987
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have you tried posting the letters as well as just putting them in envelopes?
Crombie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sugarjunkie001)
Please help me!
i work in a company as 'customer service' - its a small company so im the only person in this team. i have redesigned the whole system to make it easier for customers to solve their own problems (i was told to do this) and now i have very little work to do. i get into work at 9am and am usually finished with all my work by half past.

i have spoken to my manager about this before but he just told me to 'self-start' and find things to do myself. i do jobs for everyone else in the office, but this is not regular and its usually just putting letters in envelopes or something equally yawn-worthy.

i want to have a meeting with manager again to speak about this, i want to be given more work and more responsibility (and hopefully higher pay, currently get paid the least in the office which makes it very uncomfortable as there are huge salary gaps here.) but i worry that my manager will think of me as expendible and get rid of me!

HELP!!
You are getting paid to do very little, make the most of it while you can!
ttx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sugarjunkie001)
Find whoever runs sales and offer to help them, and start selling (whether that's calling prospects, market research, etc.). Stop being a cost-centre and start being a profit-centre. Once you're bringing in new customers you'll become immensely more valuable to the company and you'll learn a lot from the experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.32%
No - but I will (12)
4.84%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (120)
48.39%

Watched Threads