So... exams... how did they all go? Watch

spanishdude9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi everyone,
I started this thread to talk about how many GCSEs we managed to get out of the way (:yep: hehe!!!) and how many we have left (:eek3: urghhh!!!)
Also, I think it would be quite cool to talk about how we thought we did in particular exams etc.

I have 8 GCSEs in the bag already and I have 5 left to go (I consider them the five hardest ones:- German, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, English Lan!)
Last year completely completed Spanish (A*) and BaCS (B).
Before half-term I managed to completely finish my GCSEs in...
GCSE PE (Edexcel)
GCSE RE (Edexcel)
GCSE English Literature (AQA)
GCSE Biology (AQA)
GCSE ICT (OCR)
GCSE Fine Art (AQA)

I found my RE Unit C exam ok, I think I can get an A* - but I would have wished to have more time, kind of wrote the last word when the exam ended.
I found my PE theory exam ok as well, this year I am resiting - I found the exam last year ok as well, but ended up getting a D in it... so not sure what's gonna happen this time!!!

My Maths mod 5 (non-cal) exam went well, it was a harder paper than last year - got completely stuck with the two last questions, the one with the solving quadratics and the cone question. Hopefully, I'll be getting either a high B or a low A!

English Lit went better than I thought it would, had to stay up all night going through all the poems and making sure I actually revised them all, so I at least felt in the exam like I revised everything, because if I go to an exam feeling like I haven't revised it all - I panic!!! Again, I think I got an A, but I guess I'll have to wait for Results day! I had to answer the Clarke and Heaney question and a To Kill a Mockingbird question.

The Biology exams were easy, had to do unit 2 and resit unit 3 (Higher Science) Unit 2 was so easy, if I don't get an A* I will kill myself! Unit 3 was easy as well, but because I went unprepared I'll probably get a B or a C, even though it was a reasonable paper.

My last exam was the German Listening which i thought went quite well, some people said it was hard after the exam, and I was like "damn, did I fail this exam or what!!!) Hopefully I'll get a good grade, but shocked by everyone's reaction!

How did you week of exams go, there were lots of other exams going on - some of my friends had exams everyday.

Well, hope everything went well for you and have a cool relaxing half-term, but remember you gotta revise a little.
(Wish I could agree with the "revising" bit, haven't revised anything yet, better get started!)
thethinker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey you did RE Unit C too! Did you do unit J as well? I thought that they were both okay and I hope to get an A*. My maths non-calc (edexcel) was good apart from a weird reciprocal algebra question. Eng Lit was good too. I've just got calc, eng lang and french to go as I'm only doing those this year.
thethinker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
btw welcome to tsr
spanishdude9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by thethinker)
Hey you did RE Unit C too! Did you do unit J as well? I thought that they were both okay and I hope to get an A*. My maths non-calc (edexcel) was good apart from a weird reciprocal algebra question. Eng Lit was good too. I've just got calc, eng lang and french to go as I'm only doing those this year.
No, didn't need to resit Unit J, did it last year and got an A (1 mark off an A*!!!) Managed to move this to an A* thanks to the coursework, and hopefully I'll get an A* in Unit C, I would have liked 5 more minutes to check through my work - but I sort of ran out of time, but managed to answer everything.

My maths had a few dodgy questions too, there was this solving-quadratic question which was just impossible to solve - tried using the quadratic formulae, but took ages, had to leave it and move on!

Thanks btw.
Runnerbean343
Report 8 years ago
Wooooo i've only got one to go! Which is german reading next week :eek3:

I think all the exams went really well espically the AQA english exams.... what poems did people pick for the question about losing your identity (culture poems) ??
And how did people think the OCR geography bristol project exam went? I thought it was okay but then everyone else came out the exam and said they found it really hard, so i'm not so sure now!

Good luck to people who still have exams left
Runnerbean343
Report 8 years ago
* especially :L
ChrissiEatsCats
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RUBBISH. i'm not going to hide my upset at how terrible i've done, i revised so much for all of my exams and i'm predicted mostly A's and i feel like if i dont achieve them then i've let everyone down, and by the looks of things i'll be lucky to get even one A
ChrissiEatsCats
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Runnerbean343)
Wooooo i've only got one to go! Which is german reading next week :eek3:

I think all the exams went really well espically the AQA english exams.... what poems did people pick for the question about losing your identity (culture poems) ??
And how did people think the OCR geography bristol project exam went? I thought it was okay but then everyone else came out the exam and said they found it really hard, so i'm not so sure now!

Good luck to people who still have exams left
Goodluck with your German!
For the english question, i chose search for my tongue, how bout you?
Monster Mnch
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got two more left - Edexcel Geography tomorrow, and Food Technology next Wednesday.

Most people have finished their exams. :\
Bright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have got two more- Edexcel Geography and OCR Physics B P4/5/6 and i haven't done any revision for physics so tomorrow night I am going to cram like I have never done before!
The exams meehh I don't know, could have been alot better.. I should have been more prepared, I doubt I am going to get what I was hoping.. just gotta wait and see..
Goodluck to everyone!
TattyBoJangles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mine have gone really well so far

German oral - Was panicky beforehand, but it went better than I could have ever imagined.
Spanish oral - Not so great, made a few silly mistakes, but still, it went fairly well.
RE - Mehhh.. easy, but I'm afraid they won't be able to read my handwriting.. :lol:
English literature - Better than I thought. Not amazing, but meh.
Spanish listening - Awful. Absolutely abysmal.
Spanish reading - Also quite bad, but not as bad as the listening.
German listening - Really easy, I can understand German :p:
History paper one - Was better than I expected (history was the only one I was worried about). Thought it went smoothly.
Biology - Really easy, so went well.
Geography paper one - Piece of piss :lol: Basically all common sense and describing locations from the map..
FSMQ - Don't even talk about that.. my mind went blank, I made stupid errors etc. Looking at Mr. M's markscheme, I got around 71, which could be an A, but I'm not too hopeful tbh.
History paper two - Went well. My school prepares us for the sources paper thoroughly, didn't have any major issues.
Chemistry - Possibly the easiest exam I have ever done :/
German reading - Went really well. Reading is my pitfall in German, but it went a lot better than expected.

Now I only have geography paper two and physics to do
VCR
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All were incredibly easy, until this week.

Monday - Geography OCR C was an absolute clusterf**k.
Tuesday - History OCR B Paper 2 was similarly bad.
Wednesday - Physics was OK, but I already I know of a number of stupid mistakes I made (including ticking one box when we were supposed to pick two. )

The former two, I'm hoping to get A* out of one of them. If I don't get an A* in Physics...well, that's just embarassing.
SilverDoe21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maths - Did early entry last year and got a B; didn't want to resit, I despise the subject.
English - Did early entry and got an A = NOT HAPPY. I was a couple of marks off an A* so I resat. Resit went okay.
English Lit - Went fine .
German - Did early entry and got an A .
French - Went well I hope .
History - Went much better than I expected - this is the only subject I was really worried about because it's the one that actually really matters to me .
Geography - Hmm, went quite well, still have paper 2 today though :s.
Biology - Was quite hard considering it's supposed to be my best science.
Chemistry - Good!
Physics - Also quite good
Additional Maths - I DON'T CARE. This is a stupid subject - did I mention I hate maths? Most people get E's or U's, so I don't know why people are so hung up over "not getting an A :O". /Rant.
Food Technology - Not done yet .
begintohope
Report 8 years ago
All my exams went really well, I think. English lit, geography and science in particular. However, French was another story. -.- I do AQA GCSE French and I found the listening and reading exams really hard this year. I'm predicted an A* in it, but ugh. I wasen't expecting the papers to be that difficult.

Thankfully they're all over now, but good luck to anyone who still has exams left.
Lovefoxxx_93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I still have two left unfortunately, Additional Science and Statistics.
I think my French went the smoothest and Additional Science Unit 4 was worst. (Didn't revise for it as I was busy with history) And history although it went better than the mocks, I don't think I'll get my A* :'(
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ones that went well:
Eng lit, French speaking, R.E

Ones that went meh:
Maths, Geography, Biology, French writing, History

Ones that went crap:
Chemistry, Physics, French listening&reading,
AquilaXenon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RS - Pretty well I think, don't remember it being too bad.
Biology - Considering that there's a lot of this course I don't like I think this went okay.
Chemistry - Just don't start - awful, and it's my favourite subject
Physics - One of the easiest exams I've ever done. The longest question was 3 marks and that was a calculation question.
English Literature - What can I say? The Journey's End question wasn't too bad, but yeah...
Maths - Preferred the non-calculator paper to the calculator paper but all in all pretty well.
English Language - Not too bad, but thinking back on it... :/
History - Went better than expected, got the topics I wanted, but I don't know whether I put enough detail into it.
Latin - What I've done so far, it's gone pretty well
Geography - Didn't think I'd done too bad but I had to make a case study up from my History knowledge, though I've already got a mid-A* from the coursework and DME.
Additional Maths - Just don't go there.
Russian - What I've done so far, like Latin, it's gone pretty well

I've just got my Latin Higher Language Paper 2 to do on Monday afternoon and then Russian Writing on Tuesday afternoon and then I'm all done
Wulf chan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maths: terrible

Sciences: pretty bad

English and English lang: GOOD

Everything else: okay, I think.
Pacman94
Report 8 years ago
i think i may have done really badly on english lit, my coursework was i think a C because i didnt redraft any of it and submitted really rushed poor attempts, and i was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of the grade boundaries and what i would need to get at least a B overall.
Jordan H
Report 8 years ago
Well, here goes:

Critical Thinking AS Unit 1: This went much better than I thought it would, it must have been due to all the past papers I did the weekend before the exam. I know I got 1 question wrong, but it was just a 1 marker. Overall, I would be happy with a B, but I would really really like to get an A this year.

PE Theory: This went quite well, I'd be disappointed with anything below an A, and even then i'm trying to push this up to an A* (Due to my failing practical results) *crosses fingers*.

Business: This went very well. It's probably one of the easiest exams i've ever done, and anything below an A/A* will be a big disappointment.

Biology: Meh, I think this was good, but I am never too sure on Science exams due to the horrid way that they choose the multiple choice options. My targets an A, if I get the A* I will be so happy!

Chemistry: Easy, I expect an A atleast, possibly more. I know I messed up one question due to misreading it, but hopefully I've made up for it throughout the rest of the paper.

Just Maths and Physics left to go next week, better start revising
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (250)
39.06%
No - but I will (44)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed