The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
gLuck.
DreamsComeTrue.
hey, this is a thread for thoses taking the June 2009 C4 exam and for any discussions or revision ideas :smile:

Is it just me? or is the topic of solving diffrential equations using integration, the hardest thing :frown:

yh it is quite horrid! whats your revision strategy atm? lol :cool:
I'm not to good at c4 just yet!

Revsion day at manchester uni on thursday though :rolleyes:

I'm not all that worried about the exam YET.
DreamsComeTrue.
Is it just me? or is the topic of solving diffrential equations using integration, the hardest thing :frown:

Those questions and involving rates of change stuff are horrible!
C4 is probably the exam I'm dreading most.....
Reply 6
(e^(x^2))/x Sorry, i dont know how to do the fancy maths font...

Edit: Changed my answer as i realised i differentiated instead of integrating
Jimlon0
xe^(x^2)? Sorry, i dont know how to do the fancy maths font...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/LaTex
Reply 8
Revision Strategy: Past papers and more past papers....

So boring! Ha!
yeah i think past papers are the best, and soloman papers, i think its better to work through harder papers as it makes the actual paper seems a lot easier than it is :smile:
Reply 10
I find C3 harder than C4 :s-smilie:
Reply 11
I've got it, and I'm yet to begin learning any of the content :sad:
im hating differential equations atm, can never work out what to put as the rate of things grrrr
plus intergration is a nightmare!!
Clearly, by inspection...

:awesome:
ahh i'm losing my motivation to do any work! i have messed up my M1 and now my chances of getting an A is gone ... :frown:
Reply 15
DreamsComeTrue.
ahh i'm losing my motivation to do any work! i have messed up my M1 and now my chances of getting an A is gone ... :frown:

Don't be a pessimist :smile:

I took M2 on Friday and spoke to those who did M1, and they said they found it hard...so if this is the case then the grade boundaries would be lowered and your grade could be higher...though saying this, that probably won't help as it's the marks that determine the overal boundary...:eek:

If you do a ridiculous amount of past papers then you're prepared for the exam question technique...if you work on techniques, then you will feel more confident with the questions...Revise the topics you don't know...get a tutor...revise in one hour stints...do what you can :smile:

I have zero motivation because I'm already in Uni doing the course I want to do and these are just retakes and extra exams I want to take in my gap year...sad? :yep:
im doing c4 this year, any1 got tips how to do differential equations and integration
Haha, nice one.

One of many integrals they can't ask in C4 :biggrin:
we could relate this integral to the probability density function of a standard normal distribution ... and play arround with integral... but it doesnt look good -.-
Reply 19
sin(x2) dx\int sin(x^2)\ dx

from C4 Jan 2005

Latest

Trending

Trending