Who would you vote for? Watch

rosie_maxwell36
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know that since we can't vote yet, our opinions don't matter (Cynical much?) but I'm interested to know who you would vote for, were there an election tomorrow.

I think I would (And it pains me to say this), vote Tory because Cameron just seems a better and more clear thinking leader for the country, but I appreciate that Brown has his good moments.
sweetdarling
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm leaning towards lib dems.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Green, probably.
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Christian Party.

Joke! Joke! haha.
yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definitely Labour
lollapalooza
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
Definitely Labour
Same.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Green, probably.
Better than Brown, I suppose.
Square
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
rep
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Zing! :awesome:
BlackpoolCraig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A Tory vote is the best way to give Labour a bloody nose, so I'll be voting Tory.

When a general election is announced (And i reckon it could be shortly after the Euro elections, since Brown will take a hammering, and might have be forced into falling on his sword.) the Tory policy machine will begin publishing; something it's been holding back on, simply because Labour will plagiarise the best bits, and set its spin doctors on the policies that aren't congruent with Labour ideals.
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Labour:yes:
mart123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Labour:woo:
geminibubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
labour or the lib dems hmmmm
ssk2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tories... I think.
tea_cakes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Green Party.
RabbitCFH
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd probably vote for Libdems if I could.
Aramiss18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Any party that says it will stop taking money from the middle classes (ie my parents) and giving it to waste of space scum on benefits (doesnt include disability allowence). I hate the way this government takes money off my parents in taxes yet gives a load of **** in return. The local school is crap and ffs bins are only collected every 2 weeks. My parents pay way more in tax than the average person in our area and yet they get the same crap as all the wasters. Therefore you get my parents working damn hard earning good money so gordon brown can put his hand in their wallets and give the money to some poor dumb lazy piece of **** on benefits who doesnt deserve **** all.

I could fume for hours....
jacketpotato
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll be voting Lib Dem, on the basis that it is the best way to keep the Conservatives out at the next election in my constituency. The current Conservative party is just appalling - they've dropped key promises, Cameron has no issues with contradicting himself, no consistent policy choices and a out of touch shadow Cabinet (Osbourne wants to tell us about thrift when he spent £400 of public money on a one way journey from Cheshire to London? Grayling wants to tell us about corruption when he claimed thousands of pounds for a privately owned flat 17miles from parliament?). Not to mention the proposed abolition of sure-start and roll-back of university access schemes. Britain forward not back, please.

(Original post by BlackpoolCraig)
simply because Labour will plagiarise the best bits, and set its spin doctors on the policies that aren't congruent with Labour ideals.
I have to question whether you have been following politics recently. This was mildly tenable in about 2005. Right now, its Labour proposing everything and the Tories opposing it - to talk of Labour "plaigarising" policies right now is just nonsense.

(Original post by Aramiss18)
government takes money off my parents in taxes yet gives a load of **** in return... bins are only collected every 2 weeks.
Rubbish colletion is done by the Council, not by central government. If you are unhappy with what is happening with the rubbish, then you need to vote against the incumbent County Council in the upcoming CC elections. Your County Council is Conservative - http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/council/...llorbyname.htm
Alex_Haworth
Report 9 years ago
Labour, but not for Gordon Brown, for the policies.
PoliceStory
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't understand how anyone can support Labour, if you're a silly 'lefty' then a vote for the liberal democrats is one Id hold a lot more respect for.

Incompetent, authoritarian, failures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads