The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Havaianas!!!

Who here has heard of the Brazillian style flip flops Havaianas? Generally, it is mostly the poeple that have taken a gap year, and found them on there travels, but i'm just wondering the general awareness of them? You know, the ones with the small brazillian flag? Personally, I love them, but noone in this country appears to have heard of them!?!?!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
SurferGal
Who here has heard of the Brazillian style flip flops Havaianas? Generally, it is mostly the poeple that have taken a gap year, and found them on there travels, but i'm just wondering the general awareness of them? You know, the ones with the small brazillian flag? Personally, I love them, but noone in this country appears to have heard of them!?!?!?

Que, tourist spam, rip off????
I have a pair here! Bought in Schuh!!!!!! They are so comfortable, not the ones with the brazilian flag, but pink and white!
Reply 3
i may have seen some in urban outfitters...
Reply 4
yeh they are wicked! admittedly schuh and office do completely rip you off something like £20 in the shops!?!? crazy, but they are wicked because not many ppl have heard of them, a website called saltmonkeys does them alot cheaper.
Reply 5
gisele has some :biggrin:
Reply 6
....absolutely! enough said! Gisele is stunning
Reply 7
SurferGal

thongs love...

They are everywhere here, everyone wears their Havies around.

the flag thing, the ones sold in AUS have the aussie flag, the ones sold in NZ have the NZ flag so on and so forth.
I'm sorry but this is one moment where I have to laugh... saw them for sale in Italy for 18 euro, they cost 10 reais tops here (which means a little over 2 euro :biggrin: )
We're not allowed to wear thm for school anymore though :frown:

http://www.havaianas.com.br/index.asp (friend collects them, she's already got most of these)
Reply 9
I know, I agree they are expensive here, the cheapest you can get them for is about £12.00 including postage (which is basically only from the site named above), which isn't too bad, I think they are worth it, and at least it keeps them fairly unique!
Reply 10
I've heard about them. Got plenty of friends who wear them. :smile:
Reply 11
here they cost you $17 which is about 4 pounds.
Everdawn
here they cost you $17 which is about 4 pounds.

UR SIG IS OUTSCORING AND DEMANDING A LESSENING IN THE PLAYING OF THE NEW ROSES TEAM.........................
Reply 13
ok so the $:£ exchange rate is fairly good atm! But since when has $17 ever equally £4!!! try about £10 ish!
Reply 14
SurferGal
ok so the $:£ exchange rate is fairly good atm! But since when has $17 ever equally £4!!! try about £10 ish!

http://www.saltmonkeys.com/authentic_brazilian_havaianas thats the link to the website where they cost £12.00
Reply 15
Got a few pairs, all cost me a couple of quid. Unlike the 19.99 rip-off merchants named Schuh. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Nicola Richie is wearing some in this month's Heat.....uhum (cough)....apparently
Reply 17
erk
Got a few pairs, all cost me a couple of quid. Unlike the 19.99 rip-off merchants named Schuh. :rolleyes:

where from??
Reply 18
Oh Man I used to have those all the time as a kid. Always had the piss taken because they were the cheap flip flops...
I had a lovely rainbow pair and a blue pair.
Reply 19
if only you had the same size feet you could whip them back out and you'd be right in fashion and nobody would critisize these days! LOL

Latest

Trending

Trending