Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is any one doing, or can anyone recommend good A level bio websites coursework related. The title is: "find out if the rate of glucoose uptake by yeast cells varies with glucose concentation?"

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smatti)
    is any one doing, or can anyone recommend good A level bio websites coursework related. The title is: "find out if the rate of glucoose uptake by yeast cells varies with glucose concentation?"

Thanks!
    nah dont know any websites but im doin same stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry...Can't help you much--TOTALLY stuck myself. All i have done is some preliminary experiements, to use as secondary resources.
    I did serial dilation of the glucose solution (it specifies we use 10% glucose) so i did (as i said) serial dilution to 10 %,5% ,2.5% and finally 1.25%....
    I boiled 4cm of yeast suspension...and then made up 2 test tubes for each concentration, one with dead yeast, and one with live( so another 4cm)....*4cm as 1cm for each conc.*...left the lie for 2 hours--then boiled them to kill them (stop them respiring) then left them for 18 hours to 'seperate' into the supernatent and residue at the bottom.... then did a benidicts test (boiled them with excess benidicts reagent) then filtered them (but WEIGHT each filter paper seperatley, just b/c they are the same size DOESNT mean theyre the same weight) then leave the filter paper to dry....and weight once dry.....viola weight of residue produced....

NOT TOTALLY sure why we had to do the preliminary experiements..but 'apparently' we cannot get full marks without it??

hope this is of some help... Does anyone have any ideas/websites as to the actually Theory behind the title...(see first post)

any help would be MUCH appreciated...thankies! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    thanks that kind of helped! i've been told to talk about the active transport and faciliated diffusion of uptake of glucose into yeast cells, for the introduction is that what u have talked about?

thanks all help appreciated!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.