My 15 year old sister drinking. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Keep anon or delete, as I'd prefer it, thanks.

Just been on my sister's facebook, and my family are quite strict with regards to alcohol. There's loads of pics with her absolutely out of her face (on God knows what), and statuses like "I'm so hungover right now". Everytime she goes to her friends I'm guessing this is what she does but she always lies to myself and mum saying she's never drunk in her life.

I think this is quite wrong, and it's clear she's doing this every single weekend whilst pretending she's merely stopping at a friends to do homework or something. Should I say something to my mom?
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
It is her choice and all that but I think you should.
carlicules
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no. dont be a nob. what the hell is wrong with you?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Let her be a rebellious teen for God's sake man!
*Gee*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I was you i would talk to my sister first and get her to explain
explosions hurt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
THIS is why you should never add family members on facebook.
Anonymous #1
But it's the fact she lies and lies. Even know when I have proof she's still lying.
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At her age, it's perfectly normal for her to be going out with her mates and drinking. But why tell your mum? What she doesn't know won't hurt her, and it's her own life and choices at the end of the day.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by *Gee*)
If I was you i would talk to my sister first and get her to explain
But I have and she's still lying.
eulerwaswrong
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
everybody starts drinking regularly around 15 - you go through that stage of thinking being drunk in the park is cool - until you grow up a little.

As long as it doesnt go on for like a year who really cares
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe your family should rethink its attitudes towards alcohol before you snitch on her.
Adamspurs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha so innocent
danadd9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's her life, her body, she knows you're on her Facebook, so she's obviously doing it for a reason. Let her make her own faults
stoprunning
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I drank more at 15 than I do now at 20. Best year of my life!

I'm perfectly stable, never been pregnant, in prison or hospital & I'm off to university with good grades. Just for your information.

Unless your sister is totally immature and unstable, leave her alone. She already knows what it's like to get drunk and your mum being more strict is going to do absolutely sod all. If anything she will drink more. I speak from experience.

Talk to her yourself if you're that worried.
charlie-cakes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:dontknow: Sounds like a pretty normal 15 year old to me
As long as she isn't getting herself arrested etc. then let her make her own choices/mistakes
Degausser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe if she was out getting drunk on the streets, abusing people and getting herself in danger, you might need to tell your mum, but as she's doing it at a friends house, i wouldn't. Most teenagers do this, be glad she's only drinking.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i was drunk more at 15 in a day than a do now in a month easy.

just jog on xd
Christian_j
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ALL teens push the boundaries, let her do it and if you spot anything that is a major problem or seriously life-endangering, talk to her about it.

Hell, my little brother used to see my pictures drunk at parties at about 14/15 and told my parents, my dad said all teens did it but just make sure I didn't do anything stupid. The reality is, your parents probably already know, but just let her do it, she'll make her own mistakes and hopefully learn from them.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
15's about the age I really began to drink properly. And honestly, I've been fine. It hasn't turned me into a deranged, depressed fool. So leave her be. Don't snitch on her. Nice to show some brotherly concern though.
cactus kid :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by stoprunning)
I drank more at 15 than I do now at 20. Best year of my life!

I'm perfectly stable, never been pregnant, in prison or hospital & I'm off to university with good grades. Just for your information.

Unless your sister is totally immature and unstable, leave her alone. She already knows what it's like to get drunk and your mum being more strict is going to do absolutely sod all. If anything she will drink more. I speak from experience.

Talk to her yourself if you're that worried.
Agreed 100%
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed