The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
cactus kid :)
Agreed 100% :smile:

:ditto:
Reply 41
Of course not. It's normal to get drunk at 15, let her have some fun.
Crimsonchilli
be thankful its only alcohol...

God forbid she starts smoking Cannabis! :eek:
Reply 43
What difference would it make if you told your Mum? Your sister would still drink.
Reply 44
elziebelzie
oh just leave her alone! she can do what she wants.
everyone starts experimenting with drink at 15 - it's completely normal.

Lol, untrue.

~~

OP, I think you should tell her.
Screw 'I drank when I was 15' blah blah blah.

Yes, I drank alcohol at 15, but I didn't become drunk. Or drink too much.

Are you people reading the OP's post properly? She gets off her face every weekend. How can you whine that telling someone is being a grass? If she were drinking a bit at a friend's house occasionally, fine. But she's getting completely pissed every weekend..
Just to let you know shes probably done drugs and had a lot of sex, also.

Don't snitch on her
Reply 46
dinkning at 15 is normal isn't it? I might be wrong though, i doubt parents find it that normal but im pretty sure everyone drink when there 15
Reply 47
Show your mum the pics for the lulz.
Ladipidoo
I had my first taste of alcohol when I was 2 :awesome:

My parents used to rub sips of beer on my gums when I was 1, apparently it eases the pain of teething. No idea if it's true, it's just been passed down through my family for generations, sort of a tradition I suppose...
Of course she is going to lie. As you said your parents are strict on alcohol and the fact your asking if you should tell your parents or not shows you can't be trusted. She is't getting herself into trouble or harming anyone so let her have her fun.
carlicules
no. dont be a nob. what the hell is wrong with you?

lol well said man, couldn't have put it better.
Reply 51
no don't say anything.
it will just be a phase, and she will grow out of it soon!
Apfel
Lol, untrue.

~~

OP, I think you should tell her.
Screw 'I drank when I was 15' blah blah blah.

Yes, I drank alcohol at 15, but I didn't become drunk. Or drink too much.

Are you people reading the OP's post properly? She gets off her face every weekend. How can you whine that telling someone is being a grass? If she were drinking a bit at a friend's house occasionally, fine. But she's getting completely pissed every weekend..

So? I got drunk every weekend. I got very, very drunk most weekends. When you have something new and exciting, you do it in excess. That is how you learn your boundaries.

You didn't drink at this age so you don't really have any authority on the matter do you? You don't know what it's like or how well you can handle yourself, so to say screw what we are all saying is a bit stupid to be honest. We've all been there and lived. You haven't been there so how the hell do you know...?
Christian_j
My parents used to rub sips of beer on my gums when I was 1, apparently it eases the pain of teething. No idea if it's true, it's just been passed down through my family for generations, sort of a tradition I suppose...

Hah, same! My parents encourage me to drink. They don't mind how much I drink, as long as I'm not out of my face. :rolleyes:
Reply 54
No, leave her alone! Be a cool sister ffs. If you tell your mum, you'll have massively betrayed your sister. Leave her alone.
*Sparkle*
I wouldn't want a sister like you, grassing is not cool!

I'm sorry but this isn't abut grassing your sister up but more to do with caring about her, which there is nothing wrong with.

If you care about your sister as so you seem to do anonymous then just keep an eye on her as I'm sure you will. Whilst it is perfectly normal for people of that age to start drinking, when ever there is alcohol involved, you always have to be slightly on the cautious side. If you personally think things are getting slightly out of hand then I would be very much inclined to start talking to your mum about it but until then, I honestly see no reason to get your mum involved.
Reply 56
carlosb
Of course not. It's normal to get drunk at 15, let her have some fun.

I agree, it would be mean and pointless to tell your mum.
Don't do it.
Seanisonfire
Maybe your family should rethink its attitudes towards alcohol before you snitch on her.

You look a bit like Simon Neil in your profile picture.

To the OP, calm the sh!t down man. She's young, clearly just trying to rock it out. I’d leave her to it, don’t just go grassing her up.

If you are really bothered about her health, safety…anything else like that, then speak to her and just let her know that you’re there if she ever needs anything.

Since I’ve not read the full thread (excuse my ignorance) I don’t know if it’s been asked already but… do you mind me asking what age you are?
Reply 58
I'm 17. And I have drunk, but I don't lie to my family about it.
Absolutely nothing unusual. Have a chat to make sure she stays safe but if you run to parents you lose your relationship with her for good.

Latest

Trending

Trending