Canon 1000d or 450d... Watch

jon838
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I am new into digital photography and would like to know some advice about which camera is better. I am looking at bundles for both, card, case, telephoto lense and camera with 18-55 lense. Is it worth paying £130 more to get the 450d or should I get the 1000d camera?
Is it best to get the camera as body only and but the telephoto lense, bag and lense afterwards ro woudl the 18-55mm lense be useful?
any help useful guys and girls.
BurningSnowman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd favour the 1000D and put more money towards lens(es) instead.

You probably don't want to just get a 'telephoto' lens, if you mean something starting around 50/55mm at the widest. 18mm is a normal sort of wide-angle on a body like a 1000D/450D; a little wider than most compact cameras go. If you've ever tried to fit everyone into a shot with a compact, you can see you probably won't be happy with a widest focal length that's 3 times closer than the 18mm. Plus 18-55mm in a kit is generally going to work out cheaper than getting it separately. The EF-S 55-250mm is a great tele for the money; if it's too much to buy both now, I'd start with an 18-55mm kit and save up for that later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads