Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok....
December 2008:
DAY 1:
My bestfriend introduced me to Dan at a party
We had a lot in common, had a great time at the party, he asked for my number etc etc
Day 2:
The next day we went out on a 24 hour date (no sex)
He seemed kind of annoyed
Wasn't expecting anything after that date at all....had fun...but decided he wasn't all that
Day 3:
The next day he texted me wondering if I was going to this other party. I hadn't planned to go...but since I thought he was going it would be nice to see him again...so that night went to this christmas party...too many people didn't see him...ended up upset and hooked up with ex.
Day 4:
Couple of days later he asked me out for coffee...I said yes. He cancelled plans...said he was busy and had a cold. I was kinda pissed off because he cancelled on me.
Day 5:
I texted him the next day to ask if he was feeling better....did not reply.
Day 6:
I texted him again just in case he didn't get my text....no reply.
Day 7:
Went out with the girls...met him at the student's union....he asked me out for coffee...I said ok.
Day 8:
He randomly showed up at my flat...stayed for 10 minutes and then left. VERY RANDOM
Day 9:
Ball night - I bought a very expensive last minute ticket to this ball....saw him there...he avoided me all night...he hooked up with another chick.... I was really confused.... and kinda upset!!!

2 week Xmas break....then came back for exams

Day 10:
Exams were over. He texted. Wanted to meet up. I said ok. I had been thinking about him all xmas...because I was so confused...we had had a great time but then all of a sudden it just seemed he was avoiding me. Anyways...so we went out for lunch and then dinner and in between had a lot of drinks. We went back to his place. I had arranged to meet up with my girls that night so I left when his friends arrived and we planned to hook up later.

Later that evening....met up with girls. had a great night...saw him and his friends (his group of friends are considered to be one of the coolest and hottest group of guys at my uni) but then decided to go to another party and not back to Dan's place as we had planned.

Day 11:
Got a text from Dan the next day that read "WTF?"
He was obviously pissed...because we didn't hook up that night as planned
I texted him saying sorry...no reply
Called him up twice....he didn't pick up!
He texted later...agreed to meet up in evening

We met up later that night..went to a bar....I got really drunk and told him "we should have sex".....he was shocked cuz he didn't expect that one at all.....too bad I had to see my friends as I had promised so we decided to meet up later at night at his place.....

So we slept together and that was that....I had to leave the next morning cuz I had to go home to visit my family.....wasn't going to see him for 2 weeks.

Inter-semester break.........2 weeks later....

Day 12:
He showed up at my door randomly...we went out for dinner. Had a great time and hooked up subsequently. He had to leave early though since he was driving home to see his family.

Day 13:
One week later, saw him out at night with his friends...he wanted to hook up...I told him later that we would on friday.

Day 14:
Saw him on thursday...he suggested seeing each other on sat instead of friday...which happened to be Valentine's day.

Day 15:
I texted him asking him if I should cook dinner for him on sat. No reply...saw him later though...he said ok.

Day16:
I cooked dinner...he came over...and left after one hour.....I was drunk and really angry.............and really really really really confused

Day 17:
More than a week had passed....heard nothing from him...didn't bother calling or texting

Day 18:
We met up...he asked me what I wanted...to which I said "nothing"
I asked him he said "we can meet up every two weeks have fun and then leave each other alone for a while"....I was in shock...but too tired to argue...so that was that....now I was just his "**** buddy".......................... ................................ ................................ .............................BUT OMG......I loved him!!! So was completely heart broken

Day 19:
Went to a ball the next week....saw him with another girl............................ ......................was completely shattered....did nothing productive at all that weekend....

Day 20:
Three days later we went out for dinner...which I paid for....nothing romantic...just as friends...I didn't ask about the girl or anything....though I did ridicule him...and even compared him to a dog....

Day 21:
Decided that I was better than him and it was about time to get over him....

For 3 weeks:
Minimized communication with him - i.e. deleted his number
Focussed on my education.
Secretly hoped he would realize the mistake he was making.

Day 22:
Get a text from him....he wanted to go on a date...wanted me to cook dinner....I said ok.

Day 23:
Couldn't bring myself to cook for him after the humiliation of V-day...so went out for dinner at a fancy restaurant...........which once again I paid for once again. He tried all night to get me in bed...but I didn't succumb...and went home to sleep in my own comfy flat.

Easter break........................... ................................ ..

Day 24:
After easter, we went out for dinner...nothing romantic just as friends.....I however did have feelings for him....ufff.....was trying desperately to forget him and move on......very very difficult....

Went for movies, dinners etc.....he obviously just wants sex...I want a relationship....I love him....to him I'm just another girl......

What do I do?????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ?????

Not gonna see him for 4 months.....

things you should know about him:
player player player.....
he appreciates women in general a little tooo much
biggest flirt
knows a lot of women
always checks women out
UFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Why do I love him?????????????????????

I can do so much better!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't know that I love him....but i think he knows that I will always have a soft spot for him in my heart..................I want him...but but...
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ARGH we don't need to know about every day! Sum it up PLEASE.
avéry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He knows what buttons to push; the essence of being a player.

That's why you 'love' him.

Btw, tl;dr. Except for the bit at the bottom.
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Get over him. Now!

He's a rubbish player at that.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I say you're in a good position OP, he's obviously a ******* so he's not relationship material, but sounds like he's got the hots for you and you'll be able to bone him when you're horny. Make use and keep looking for better options.
tobysmoby
Report 9 years ago
hahahahahahaha
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Twisted.
geetar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You spelt it wrong; it should be 'Playaa!', accompanied with finger clicking.
icn06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow I can't believe I read all that.

Advice? RUN! This guy is bad news and as you can see he will only cause you heart break. Use the summer break to move on!!
april_happy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by geetar)
You spelt it wrong; it should be 'Playaa!', accompanied with finger clicking.
ahah. love it.
elixira
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't love him, you're just obsessed. Been there.

"his group of friends are considered to be one of the coolest and hottest group of guys at my uni" - who cares when they're d*cks?

MagicNMedicine has the right idea - use him for sex. If you get the control back he might even fall for you, though you deserve better anyway. But just don't do needy, that will get you absolutely nowhere.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just keep reminding yourself that he's a player and he's a ********. It's what I'm doing and it's working.
xmarilynx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh my god, he's treating you like a total fool! You're giving him sex whenever he wants it, cooking him meals and paying for stuff! WTF! Stay away.
Reflexive
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All girls want alpha males don't they? They tend to have a propensity to be egoistic dicks though...
username167718
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why do you keep describing him as a "friend"?
Leave him!
xljax
Report 9 years ago
at the end of the day..this is guys for you.. get used to it. and my only advice i can give to you is... when u meet a guy..dont get your hopes up straight away. take it day by day... because if you dont get ur hopes up early on u wont be so disapointed
Abnegation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, that was incredibly tl;dr...

Stop giving him everything he wants, for a start. He knows how obsessed you are with him and he's taking advantage of that - you text and call multiple times when he doesn't reply, pay for his meals and are at his beck and call even when he's treated you terribly. The situation isn't going to change if you carry on like this, because he's getting all he wants from you (though at least you acknowledge that he only wants sex).

You're not going to get a relationship from this, so unless you want to continue getting hurt you should use this four months to get over him.
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Damn. That was really detailed! I can't believe I read it all. My advice, as with most here: Stay away from him! He's after one thing and you gave in. You want more and he doesn't. He's not worth your time and love. I don't even think you love him, you're just addicted to him.
Eden09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
Damn. That was really detailed! I can't believe I read it all. My advice, as with most here: Stay away from him! He's after one thing and you gave in. You want more and he doesn't. He's not worth your time and love. I don't even think you love him, you're just addicted to him.
This is exactly right.

I didn't read the whole post but guys like this can get what they want because people think they're cool and really popular so you want to be with them and be in the in-crowd, but it's really not worth it. Been there, done that, so you have my sympathies.

My advice would be to go cold turkey, fb block him, msn block, delete his number and everything else. It's for the best sweetie.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
aww your a nice girl i wish there were more girls like that around you pay for dinner and cook for this beast. But really though i advise you to completely cut off contact with him. The guys nothing but a player !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (140)
38.25%
No - but I will (21)
5.74%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.91%

Watched Threads