Nutrition&Dietetics at Surrey - textbooks Watch

Whitney_24
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello!

Could anyone advise me which textbooks I will need during Nutrition and Dietetics studies, especially at University of Surrey? Which ones I should buy and on which ones I could work thanks to the library or could possibly buy from older students?

I will be very grateful for response!
jinglepupskye
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You would do better waiting until you get to university and see what you actually NEED and what your library doesn't have. The majority of stuff on book lists is available in the library or secondhand and the books that you should be buying are the latest editions, hot off the press which contain more up-to-date information.

And even there you will find that journals are a better source if you want to be on top of recent developments. Most students buy far more books than they need and would do better spending the money on more important things.
Roodie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, I agree with jinglepupskye and see what your uni says in September. I'm at the end of my first year on a N&D degree and this year was mostly science. I bought a few recommended textbooks second-hand but I doubt if I will be using many of those books again.

If your degree is like mine you won't be getting down to the really serious dietetic stuff 'til the second year - we've just been given a reading list and have been told we'll be using these books for years.

If you think you can afford it you could maybe buy one or two books in the first year and sell them on. But brand new science/dietetic books seem to be about £70!

Good luck with your degree x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise