Can the university you attend know you have applied for finance? Watch

kestudent123
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,

Basically I have an offer for pharmacy this year after being rejected for dentistry i plan to take up the offer and apply for a student loan to cover me for that year. However I also plan to apply to university again to study dentistry as that is what i want to do. If I get an offer for dentistry next year and drop out of the university, can the university that has offered me a dentistry place know through my student finance application that i went to university the year before or not as i would make another application for finance the next year
I'm not sure if you can understand what I mean but let me know if your confused.
I will be grateful for any replies
xxx
Controversial
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think so.
The uni you apply to this year will know you have applied for finance this year, if you tick the box allowing student finance to share your financial information with the uni. This is essential if you want a grant from the uni.
However, what they can see is limited, and I don't think it'd show that you'd applied the year before too, as it'd be a completely different application.
Pretty sure it wouldn't make a difference anyway, though.
Taiko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you apply for finance for the dentistry course, it is possible for the university to know you studied previously. Whether they will or not depends on how observant they are, but it's the Student Support Number you are given which would give it away. And by that, I don't mean your Customer Reference Number / ART ID
kestudent123
ok well thats answered what i wanted to know
i dont want to take any risks what so ever with the dental uni knowing i studied previosly so im planning to pay for the first year of pharmacy myself if i get into dentistry if there is a chance of them finding out
taiko how sure are you that they can find out nive studied elsewhere before if i dont tick the box allowing student finance to share info with the uni
however, if i dont get in i would like to apply for finance for that year even though it would be late
what i want to know is how late can i apply for finance if im startn in oct 09, can i still apply after recieving my deicisions for my dentistry application which would be around march 2010
Taiko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I work with an LEA. Student Support Numbers are unique, and stay without you if you ever apply for finance. You're not given a new one. The first two numbers in it indicate the year you first applied for financial support.
Happy Kid
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kestudent123)
Hi,

Basically I have an offer for pharmacy this year after being rejected for dentistry i plan to take up the offer and apply for a student loan to cover me for that year. However I also plan to apply to university again to study dentistry as that is what i want to do. If I get an offer for dentistry next year and drop out of the university, can the university that has offered me a dentistry place know through my student finance application that i went to university the year before or not as i would make another application for finance the next year
I'm not sure if you can understand what I mean but let me know if your confused.
I will be grateful for any replies
xxx

Y are u doing a year of pharmacy then applying again for year of dentistry? Wouldn't it be wiser to take a gap year?
kestudent123
(Original post by Happy Kid)
Y are u doing a year of pharmacy then applying again for year of dentistry? Wouldn't it be wiser to take a gap year?
im already on a gap year, everyone i have asked for advice has said i should not risk taking another gap year but i have the a level requirements needed, i just need to improve my PS which i think i can do
however, it is a risk so id rather do pharmacy for the year so that if i dont get in again, at least i wont have wasted 2 years
kestudent123
(Original post by Taiko)
I work with an LEA. Student Support Numbers are unique, and stay without you if you ever apply for finance. You're not given a new one. The first two numbers in it indicate the year you first applied for financial support.
thanks for replying
i also wanted to ask how late i can apply for student finance after starting the course
if i get in for dentistry i wont apply for finance until next year before starting that course and will pay for this years pharmacy tuition fees myself
however, if i dont get in will i still be able to apply for finance for that year even though my application would be quite late- around march-ish
Taiko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your application for the 09/10 academic year must be received by the 1st June 2010.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads