This guy won't add me on Facebook. Really upsetting me. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
There's a guy in my circle of friends (I'm male), who I was always a little bit paranoid didn't like me, anyway this was confirmed when he rejected my Facebook request. This left me really paranoid what it is about me that he doesn't like as I try so hard to be amiable and get along with everyone, and do a good job with this. I can appreciate you can't be best mates with everyone but surely you can get along with them to be Facebook friends? Anyway we're out together lots for drinks, dinners, clubs as its a small circle of friends, so I confronted him what his issue was with me. He said no issue whatsoever, just acknowledged like I said you can't be mates with everyone. But nonetheless when we're out together I can get on with him just as much as everyone else, have the same sort of conversation I would a mate. So I added him again and got rejected again. This sounds trivial but it just constantly crops up in my head given on a daily basis there'll be group messages/emails we're both reply-all-ing to me being very aware he doesn't like me, when I put up photos I have to get a friend to tag him in it etc. This is making me deeply upset.
aerob89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
spermz
Mr. Mortell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Unfortunatly there isn't much you can do in this situation. You've discussed the matter, and you can't force him to add you. I suggest you try not to think about it.
unknownking321
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's a guy in my circle of friends (I'm male), who I was always a little bit paranoid didn't like me, anyway this was confirmed when he rejected my Facebook request. This left me really paranoid what it is about me that he doesn't like as I try so hard to be amiable and get along with everyone, and do a good job with this. I can appreciate you can't be best mates with everyone but surely you can get along with them to be Facebook friends? Anyway we're out together lots for drinks, dinners, clubs as its a small circle of friends, so I confronted him what his issue was with me. He said no issue whatsoever, just acknowledged like I said you can't be mates with everyone. But nonetheless when we're out together I can get on with him just as much as everyone else, have the same sort of conversation I would a mate. So I added him again and got rejected again. This sounds trivial but it just constantly crops up in my head given on a daily basis there'll be group messages/emails we're both reply-all-ing to me being very aware he doesn't like me, when I put up photos I have to get a friend to tag him in it etc. This is making me deeply upset.
Try not to think about it and distract yourself.
Vampyrcorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's pretty weird. :confused: he sounds like a retard anyway so don't worry too much. :yy:
emioly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
he doesn't like you, get over it

why would you want someone you don't like as a friend on facebook? it's only the internet anyways
rscully
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's just facebook. If you go out and get along with him you're doing pretty well. You're relationship with people shouldn't be dictated by the constraints of a social networking website. There could be any number of reasons why he doesn't want to add you as a friend, many with nothing to do with you.

Maybe his friends wind him up about being in love with you and that you becoming friends on facebook would give them more ammunition and end up outing him which he isn't ready for. It's best not to speculate.
Unfinished Business
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Leave Facebook!
Supersplodge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hes a hypocrite. Plain and simple.
.AJ.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so ******* what, who cares.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I learnt only too late that these sorts of petty, silly people aren't worth bothering with.
enigma373
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
he probably just didn't have the balls to tell you he doesn't like you, so he pretends that everything is cool to avoid awkwardness since you have mutual friends. you can't make everyone like you, so i suggest forgetting about the whole thing.
Wild_Precious_Life
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You shouldn't have bothered adding him.

Why do you crave acceptance from people who aren't worth your time?
TK2 King Pin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you're probably annoying him by being so obsessed by him
why are u so worried about him anyway
ask urself, are u even going to know him three/four years from now??
adamstaple
Report 9 years ago
What a weirdo
rawkingpunkster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
gay
Keith_Dave
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can't get everyone in the world to like you. Get over it.
iCan
Report 9 years ago
Dont be that guy - a "begfriend"
User68322
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's his facebook and his life he can choose who he want's to like and who he doesn't.

Tough **** if he didn't add you. I don't add most of the random requests I get after night outs. I keep my facebook for family and friends (aka those people I like).

OVER SENSITIVE MUCH? :nothing:
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Supersplodge)
hes a hypocrite. Plain and simple.
Not necessarily: perhaps his standards are somewhat higher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise