The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well technically Islam prohibits any sexual acts before marriage.
This depresses me.
My gf is Islamic and I would hate if she felt the way some people feel on here.

Go have sex!
Reply 22
rizzl8
me personlly think u aint even a muslim!! why ask questions like tht when u KNOW for a fact its not allowed and ur going against it!! puts in to question ur religion dont u think sweetcheeks? and yeh i guess sex before marriage is a big issue. i wouldnt want my wife to have been digged in by some other guy ..eeeew..so think about it and the future mainly and its just not a matter of a few minutes of pleasure..its a whole lot more than that

OP do what you like. But please remember not to marry someone like this ^
Rainbow-Dream
I come from a muslim family, so sex before marriage is a huge no go area. However, I've always felt that if I was in a commited relationship with a guy I personally feel like I don't see the harm in having sex with him. I'm currently 16 and am planning on holding on to my virginity for atleast a while yet, but for me, waiting until after marriage is a bit much. I guess I don't know why I just posted this, to rant I guess.
*Please quote when you reply as I'll notice the post more easily :smile:

OP, it's not worth it. Honestly speaking from experience, what ever most Muslim men say, they wouldn't marry a woman who wasn't a virgin... I don't care what they say online or when they are teenagers, when push comes to shove, the vast majority wouldn't do it...

Then would you consider marrying a non-Muslim? In which case, would you be willing to lose your family?

To the people saying "go and do it, it's your body, etc"... For you, the consequences are perhaps not so grave, but for a Muslim woman, the repurcussions can be severe...
People who are on their high horses saying you're not really a Muslim are pathetic. The biggest thing about being a Muslim is believing in Allah and monotheism. After that it's the other four pillars of Islam, and people even find these hard to follow.

No one is a perfect Muslim. Having sex before marriage IS a sin, but it doesn't make you not Muslim. If committing a sin made you not Muslim, there wouldn't be any Muslims in the world.

Okay, so having pre-marital sex doesn't make you a good Muslim, but it doesn't mean you're not one. If a Muslim was to eat some chicken that's not halal, it doesn't mean they're not Muslim, nor does girls not covering their hair.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the right option, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that I think it's completely wrong.

It's you're choice. And as for people freaking you out about 'punishment in the hereafter', the Quran actually says that Muslims will be punished for their sins and then will go to heaven.
menagerie
People who are on their high horses saying you're not really a Muslim are pathetic. The biggest thing about being a Muslim is believing in Allah and monotheism. After that it's the other four pillars of Islam, and people even find these hard to follow.

No one is a perfect Muslim. Having sex before marriage IS a sin, but it doesn't make you not Muslim. If committing a sin made you not Muslim, there wouldn't be any Muslims in the world.

Okay, so having pre-marital sex doesn't make you a good Muslim, but it doesn't mean you're not one. If a Muslim was to eat some chicken that's not halal, it doesn't mean they're not Muslim, nor does girls not covering their hair.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the right option, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that I think it's completely wrong.

It's you're choice. And as for people freaking you out about 'punishment in the hereafter', the Quran actually says that Muslims will be punished for their sins and then will go to heaven.

Erm... excuse me? Osama bin Laden going to heaven? Saddam Hussein going to heaven? Altho yes muslims will eventually go to heaven, IF they have firm belief in the kalimah.

But having firm belief, doesnt just mean "I believe in one God and Muhammad (pbuh) is his messenger." It means you fear God, have good intentions, have some good deeds etc..., therefore commiting terrible sins would not occur (i.e. if you fear God you wouldnt murder someone).

Sex before marriage is a big sin in Islam. I know in this modern society its very difficult to remain righteous especially in the teenage years, where your fellow students are out drinking and having sex. But you have to try and not give into the temptation, you will get alot of reward for it in your afterlife.

Also as a Muslim you shouldnt be telling your fellow muslims such advice. You should try and stop her from falling into temptation...Not say "oo its ok youll go to heaven anyway." Because that is infact not the case, not every muslim will go to heaven!
Reply 26
Well, its a bit of a silly question. Do you want to have sex with your boyfriend? Simple fact is this: it'll bring you closer to him and build a bond which is so much stronger than anything you could have otherwise. If the answer is yes then go for it, if you sit there and thing 'umm' then id say theres your answer. To do something this important you need to be committed to wanting to do it.

As for 'rizzl8' you sound like the sort of overbearing, old fashioned twonk who puts girls in such difficult situations are tries to control them no matter what.

EDIT: Just a question here out of interest, why not just enjoy the life now whilst you can then repent etc later on?
Reply 27
adilmorrison
OP, it's not worth it. Honestly speaking from experience, what ever most Muslim men say, they wouldn't marry a woman who wasn't a virgin... I don't care what they say online or when they are teenagers, when push comes to shove, the vast majority wouldn't do it...

Then would you consider marrying a non-Muslim? In which case, would you be willing to lose your family?

To the people saying "go and do it, it's your body, etc"... For you, the consequences are perhaps not so grave, but for a Muslim woman, the repurcussions can be severe...

Well she is going to lose her husbands to a bunch of virgins in the afterlife anyway. :rolleyes:

OP, it is a religious matter. I am of a different religion from you, and hence cannot "tell" or even advise you what to do. It is a matter of conscience. Your religion forbids you to have sex so its worth weighing up your stance and making a choice.
thegreatest
Erm... excuse me? Osama bin Laden going to heaven? Saddam Hussein going to heaven? Altho yes muslims will eventually go to heaven, IF they have firm belief in the kalimah.

But having firm belief, doesnt just mean "I believe in one God and Muhammad (pbuh) is his messenger." It means you fear God, have good intentions, have some good deeds etc..., therefore commiting terrible sins would not occur (i.e. if you fear God you wouldnt murder someone).

Sex before marriage is a big sin in Islam. I know in this modern society its very difficult to remain righteous especially in the teenage years, where your fellow students are out drinking and having sex. But you have to try and not give into the temptation, you will get alot of reward for it in your afterlife.

Also as a Muslim you shouldnt be telling your fellow muslims such advice. You should try and stop her from falling into temptation...Not say "oo its ok youll go to heaven anyway." Because that is infact not the case, not every muslim will go to heaven!

Okay, yes I agree with what you're saying, but you can't really say that having good intentions and a firm belief in the kalimah means that you'll never commit a sin in your life. I do fear God, I do have good intentions but I have also committed sins, and I understand that I'll be punished for them. Muslims are asked to strive to live a good and perfectly moral life, but Allah knows that some people will give in to temptations even though they are in their hearts believers and moral people.

As a Muslim, I say try not to have pre-marital sex, but as a person, I'm saying that no one is absolutely perfect, and if you live your life on the whole morally and respectfully, that will be noted too, as well as the sins you committed.

Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussain are a bit outside of the premarital sex in Islam debate - when their lives are evaluated, the deaths of the people they killed will outweigh any good they ever did. The premarital sex a Muslim girl had will not outweigh all of the good she's done in her life.
thegreatest

This is very very true, I completely agree with what you are saying. Also, really what you want to do is to avoid sins in the first place. You REALLY SHOULD NOT AND MUST NOT WILLFULLY commit a SIN such as this!! If you intend to carry out a sin like this, you really will face a dire punishment (if you are a true follower - if not, then perhaps different rules apply). The greatest reward in Islam is that given when one manages to resists the biggest temptations (drinking, pre-marital prostitution etc).

No Muslim man will EVER marry someone like this...this is a ridiculous thread, I cannot believe it...I bet it's just a troll thread, someone wanting to stir up some crap - no Muslim girl would ever do this...right??
depends if you intend on marrying them.
this is probably false and if you can wait you should
Reply 31
menagerie

I don't think the Quran does say that. :smile:
adilmorrison

The Op has to decide whether she wants to marry into and perpetuate a oppressive and ridiculous interpretation of a religion, or whether she wants to live her life and enjoy it like a normal person, with all the sex and whatever else that entails. If you really feel you must marry a hardcore Muslim husband with the result of being treated like a piece of property for the rest of your life, then go for it. But I hope for your sake you are more sensible than that!!!
Living your life according to a religion is ridiculous and about a thousand years out of date. Go have sex if you want to OP - it's your body and your life! Who cares what some dusty old book, what an imaginary CCTV in the sky thinks or what 'will' happen after you've died!?
Reply 34
Anonymous
Living your life according to a religion is ridiculous and about a thousand years out of date. Go have sex if you want to OP - it's your body and your life! Who cares what some dusty old book, what an imaginary CCTV in the sky thinks or what 'will' happen after you've died!?

As a Christian, I must say that if you are without faith, it is nearly impossible to understand those with faith.

My religion is as valid as your lack of religion.
Reply 35
Rainbow-Dream
I come from a muslim family, so sex before marriage is a huge no go area. However, I've always felt that if I was in a commited relationship with a guy I personally feel like I don't see the harm in having sex with him. I'm currently 16 and am planning on holding on to my virginity for atleast a while yet, but for me, waiting until after marriage is a bit much. I guess I don't know why I just posted this, to rant I guess.

It's all about how seriously you take your religion. P
People see religion as a set of rules and boundaries, but it's not, it's a way of life.

If you have sex and waste your virginity with a guy who you're probably going to break up with in less than a year, it's definitely not worth it. Also, your parents didn't bring you up so you could disobey them.
True, your mother could have talked to you a bit more about sex before marriage, but you need to take some responsability yourself.
Sex can happen in a whirlwind of emotions, you feel excited to be around someone you like, so you're not thinking straight and you do things you regret later on.

All I'll say is, it's your choice, but keep God in mind and make sure you really love a person before you have sex with them.
xx
seffie
I don't think the Quran does say that. :smile:

Sorry if what I said was inaccurate, but it does say

'And those who when they commit an indecency or do injustice to their souls remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their faults—and who forgives the faults but Allah, and (who) do not knowingly persist in what they have done. (As for) these—their reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and excellent is the reward of the labourers.'

I'm not saying the best thing in the world is to knowingly sin and then repent, because it's not, but I'm just trying to say that premarital sex does not make you an inherently bad person who will go to hell.
Reply 37
You can go through with it, It is your life afterall.

Just don't consider yourself a muslim after it.
Rainbow_Dream

me too
it depends if you are muslim because you want to be or because it is your family's religion. if you are not going to live a muslim life then it is likely you may lose your family. its a serioud decision for you.

Latest

Trending

Trending