Any sound reason for applying both science and arts subjects? Watch

HighSkies
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
It would keep your options open? I know loads of people who do arts and science subjects at sixth form. I do, for example. Its not uncommon.
serendipity_*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HighSkies)
It would keep your options open? I know loads of people who do arts and science subjects at sixth form. I do, for example. Its not uncommon.
Think OP is talking about uni?
OP.. why do you want to go to uni?..
moonlit_streets
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Could you apply for a combined studies degree? I swear, when I was researching mine I found several unis that would let you take both sciences and arts together? That way you can write a personal statement geared towards both without making it look like you just couldn't make up your mind and you're not really committed to the subject.

EDIT: If you don't want to do that, I can find 15 stats courses on UCAS, and if you want to combine it as a dual honours with something else, there are loads more. There must be a university on there that you like?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is this for Sixth Form? If so, then they're quite used to it - I know someone who did Physics, Chemistry, Theatre Studies & Music! I'm doing a mix of social sciences and natural sciences and humanities (depending on how you classify them - some fit into more than 1 category)

Just say that you want to keep your options open as you are undecided as to your future degree.
HighSkies
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by serendipity_*)
Think OP is talking about uni?
OP.. why do you want to go to uni?..
Really? Crap, sorry.
serendipity_*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HighSkies)
Really? Crap, sorry.
Huh?
heeheehee_ha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
when i was applying for sixth form, i was advised against taking all humanities/science subjects. They recommended a 3:1 science/humanities ratio (or vice versa), apparently a 2:2 ratio can be awkward but i guess it depends what you want to do after sixth form
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise