The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

olegirona
awwww :smile:

That's quite cute. But how did it stop u having a social life?

Lulz, cuz I got hooked to fb and the weather particularly good anyway, so I was housebound for quite a while (not that I'm complaining :smile:. Oh well, I'm at the cinema atm and posting on TSR via my mobile. Now THAT'S commitment :smile:.
The thing that annoys me is the whole change your status every 5 minutes thing.

One girl at the weekend had.... 'Looking out for a night out with my girls'
5 mins later....'is getting ready for tonight'
5 mins after that....'wooo wine in preparation for tonight'
5 mins later...'be back on facebook later after night out'

Yeah ok we know you're going out! Stop clogging up my news feed please!
I don't hate it - but I have friends. Plus it's the best way to keep in contact with people.
Reply 83
I never accept any applications/quizs any1 sends me, only use it for photo distribution and staying in contact with ppl i dont talk to very often. I've got lecturers on mine so now I can say XYZ should be fired and his phd revoked. If people had common sense then it really is not a problem, i mean facebook is just a tool, depends on how u use it. You read on the news some1 gets fired for posting negtive remarks about work even though they know their boss is watching.
Reply 84
Ladipidoo
Lulz, cuz I got hooked to fb and the weather particularly good anyway, so I was housebound for quite a while (not that I'm complaining :smile:. Oh well, I'm at the cinema atm and posting on TSR via my mobile. Now THAT'S commitment :smile:.

I'd be complaining.

Once when I left the house after a moderate amount of time, it felt like a different dimension, I could finally see real cars, people and everything!

Wacky and unhealthy. Good I don't find the computer THAT interesting these days. :cool:
I gone cold turkey from Facebook for 3 weeks tomorrow.

Its been tough, but it's just such a waste of time. I can network socially fine without it as long as I have contacts dealing me the juicy gossip!) It only ever made me more bored waiting for a comment to come back and then getting paranoid!

Good riddance, although once and addict, always an addict. I think I'll be back :-S

x
Reply 86
Its pointless tbh, peeps who need me know my number/msn all I here people talking about on facebook is quizzes why da hell would you join to take a quiz :/ unless I'm missing out something?
Facebook is just kinda boring really. Plus, I really don't like the new layout- status updates are annoying and it's difficult to use. I only use it to keep in contact with friends over the holidays and to create events, it's fine for that kind of stuff.
Reply 88
Ladipidoo

lol must be a really rubbish movie if u can be arsed to do that.

but i appreciate your commitment :biggrin:
Reply 89
I hate it! I never really caught onto it at first and when I finally got it, I realised exactly why I didn't like it in the first place and deleted it not soon enough!
hermy
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! don't get twitter!!!!! not that I have it but facebook is bad enough.

why exactly?
Reply 91
It doesn't interest me. People can make quick judgments about you, future employers can search you and it doesn't really leave the "mystery" of getting to know someone. Some of it seems to have a "fakeness" about it as well. Each to their own though.
Aye, I hate it too. So annoying that someone can see everything about from just one quick search.
Reply 93
I only got it relatively recently, and it's not great, but it's not bad either. I never update my own status, but I find it sometimes interest to read other people's statuses, and maybe even post a comment. An aspect that does annoy me is the amount of people I've never even had the honour of speaking to requesting me as a friend. I always end up accepting their offer, mainly to avoid coming across as rude, sometimes just to be nosey.

It seems as if the entire site's a game in which the objective is to accumulate the greatest number of friends possible. I would be shocked if an individual actually had 1000+ people whom they regularly conversed with which they would regard as somebody they've seen more than once, let alone a friend.
Reply 94
I actually like it quite a bit. Keeps me up to date with whats going on in my social circles when I'm at home.
Why not?
olegirona
lol must be a really rubbish movie if u can be arsed to do that.

but i appreciate your commitment :biggrin:

(and the weather wasn't+ particularly*)
Lulz, sorry.

Actually, yeah, the beginning was terrible - I was literally falling asleep. It got better towards the end though. :rolleyes: I went to watch Night at the Museum 2, haha. :o: It was actually pretty decent; quite funny too. :o:
:biggrin:
Joanna May
So the only difference between that and real life is that you know your friends are *****? Hating facebook because you have crap friends is silly. Do you hate your mobile phone as well?

No I dont. But facebook gave me access to pictures from that party wheras my phone didn't. And thats not why I hate it, It was just an example of why it CAN be crap.

I can see its uses in that its a great way to catch up with old friends but all the pointless "how well do you know" and "what AMAAAZING digimon poke are you?" its just like >.<

And when it gets to people having 40megallion friends when they know about 3 its like "whats the point?" plus, it makes talking to people too easy, just like msn. If facebook and msn didnt exist then more people would actually go out and see their friends every day instead of just chatting on msn and crap.

Just my opinion though ^^
Reply 97
It's not about people who hate Facebook not having a social life. Facebook now dictates social life.

I get suspicious of any website that is used more than others, it means the man who owns Facebook owns data with all our info.

I want to go cold turkey but it is a good way to keep up with friends and there is some good banter.

So and so completed the quiz "What are you" and she got "A complete annoying **** who is addicted to Facebook and I don't even know and don't want to read about".

So and so is bare lkn 4wrd 2 2nite wiv my girls.

So and so is well rdy 2 go out bring on da vodka lol lol lol

So and so is rly hungover wanna die haha shudnt gone out last night lol
Reply 98
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I have begun to hate it. Probably because my social life is non-existent and one (if that) person writes on my wall per month whereas my "friends" have like 50 people writing to them in an hour. o_O.

i dont see the point of it honestly, apart from maybe finding ur old school friends
Facebook used to be ok. But now I get 'updates' all the time which consist of 'YOU HAVE A CRUSH, CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHO!' which are mostly viruses,
and half my friends seem to fill my wall with 'I have just completed another completely pointless quiz'
I also hate that new 'highlights' feed.
Eurgh

Latest

Trending

Trending