Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as this hasn't been done i thought i'd mention it. Did anyone see Horizon on BBC2 last night about the bible codes?

Just interested to see what everyone's thoughts on the subject were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Seeing as this hasn't been done i thought i'd mention it. Did anyone see Horizon on BBC2 last night about the bible codes?

I did, I thought it was pretty interesting but didn't belive a word of it! at they said if you look for somthing in a big enough text then you can find almost anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

NO I DIDNT SEE HORIZON LAST NIGHT!

ReputationRep:
    I've been to a seminar before about the bible codes. I have mixed feelings about it and am not sure really how tru it is, but no-one is really. I did think that one of the things was a bit irrelevant. The "kennedy to die" message was stupid, because it's obvious that we're all going to die soem time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I've been to a seminar before about the bible codes. I have mixed feelings about it and am not sure really how tru it is, but no-one is really. I did think that one of the things was a bit irrelevant. The "kennedy to die" message was stupid, because it's obvious that we're all going to die soem time.
    Though I am a sceptic, in such a large book probable matters are inevitable to occur..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    yeah, for solid proof they should search for that rip guy cos if he comes up with "will find the bible codes" or sumat then that would prove it or they could search for the meaning of life or what happens after death!

ReputationRep:
    This was proven using "moby ****". But the real question is cant it really be used to predict the future. It's very vague, it oculd say "2006" and "nuclear weapons" this could mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    I didn;t see it cos i was out but i wish i had....dpoes anyone know of any websites on it?

ReputationRep:
    You could do a search on google or yahoo for "bible codes" but to start you off here's a site:

http://exodus2006.com/3code.htm

ReputationRep:
    The difference between finding code in moby **** and the bible, i think is that the message and the words are longer in the Bible, so therefore less likely to be a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    The difference between finding code in moby **** and the bible, i think is that the message and the words are longer in the Bible, so therefore less likely to be a coincidence.
    yes but the bible is much larger than moby ****!

ReputationRep:
    See the thing is supposing it is true, why would god code the messages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    See the thing is supposing it is true, why would god code the messages?
    god must have a strange sence of humor!

ReputationRep:
    Then the next question after that is if he coded them so we didn't find them, how come he let us find them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Then the next question after that is if he coded them so we didn't find them, how come he let us find them?
    maybe he just wanted to wait until we were clever enough to interperate them

ReputationRep:
    Bible codes or not, it wouldn't surprise me if there was nuclear warfare with the state the world is in. Forget 2006 see if we can make it to the end of 2004.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Bible codes or not, it wouldn't surprise me if there was nuclear warfare with the state the world is in. Forget 2006 see if we can make it to the end of 2004.
    we'er not even at the end of 2003 yet!

ReputationRep:
    No, but i can't see a terrorist organisation pose as threat with nuclear weapons this year. Although they have something big planned i believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    No, but i can't see a terrorist organisation pose as threat with nuclear weapons this year. Although they have something big planned i believe.
    it could happen! Why do you belive they have somthing big planned?

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's something big because they don't do small. We haven't really heard much of any major terrorist attacks recently, the network is still very active. Turkey i don't really believe was Al Queda (sp?)

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.