The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cowsgoquack
eat frosties

question....what are the other alternatives
they cant release the tiger into the wild again cos it wouldnt survive and i they didnt kill it then it would be kept in even more tight and unpleasent conditions so no one else dies
killing it was really the kindest option
020sophiekay
sigh
if you had to choose between your mum and a yawning tiger..who would it be??

My mum can't bring down an antelope at 45kph can she.
A is for Awesome
My mum can't bring down an antelope at 45kph can she.

i dont know i've never met her
020sophiekay
they cant release the tiger into the wild again cos it wouldnt survive and i they didnt kill it then it would be kept in even more tight and unpleasent conditions so no one else dies

have you not been listening? the alternative is don't walk into an enclosure with a frikking tiger in it. Every other zoo in the world manages to work that one out.
Reply 84
No, don't shoot the tiger!
It's a wild animal, what do you expect if you go near it? That's what tigers are, dangerous animals. Plus they are so cute! If I was mauled by a tiger I wouldn't want it to be put down, it'd be my fault for going near it.
cowsgoquack
have you not been listening? the alternative is don't walk into an enclosure with a frikking tiger in it. Every other zoo in the world manages to work that one out.

ok so just dont feed it and don't clean it cage..your suggesting just leave it too die.....?
Tefhel
No, don't shoot the tiger!
It's a wild animal, what do you expect if you go near it? That's what tigers are, dangerous animals. Plus they are so cute! If I was mauled by a tiger I wouldn't want it to be put down, it'd be my fault for going near it.

but they're zoo keepers...its they're job to go near it
I don't even get why they didn't keep the tiger locked in it's "hut/house" whilst cleaning it's hardly the tigers fault if that's it natrual instinct and it felt threatened/ or them roaming on it's territory...
Reply 88
020sophiekay

Why do you assume that they are going to live in those conditions?
There are wild lions in this park and they live in the same conditions as the other cats. The only difference being is that they have no human interaction. They could have done the same for this tiger.

They get fed, get cleaned out, have toys and have company. What else does an animal need?
020sophiekay
ok so just dont feed it and don't clean it cage..your suggesting just leave it too die.....?

Funnily enough, people have come up with ways to both feed animals and clean their cages without being in contact with them. Like by throwing food. Or, bear with me here cos its getting complicated, they have two sections to the enclosure. then they seal the animal off temporarily in one half, clean / place food in the other. Then when it moves into that area, seal it off again and clean the other area.
may i add, would you go for the first human you saw if you were an animal taken away from your natural habitat?

to be honest with you, if someone ripped me away from my mother and held me hostage in a cage (if i was an animal) when i should be roaming the fields of nigeria i think i would probably go for the bloody zoo keeper too.

he shouldn't be shot, he should be freed, away from humans entertainment.

yes i know that zoos are for breeding to keep the population up, but i still think it's wrong.
020sophiekay

That wasn't on the job description for the work i've done at zoos.
Yet another animal taking the blame for a person's stupidity.
So, Mr Cleverclogs apparently saves someone else from a tiger - and then goes back in there to clean and gets killed himself?
Ffs, what a stupid zoo, they should have alternatives to bloody going in with the tigers every day.
Enchanté
I don't even get why they didn't keep the tiger locked in it's "hut/house" whilst cleaning it's hardly the tigers fault if that's it natrual instinct and it felt threatened/ or them roaming on it's territory...

Because the people were stupid, pretty much.
and why the hell was the tiger able to reach the man anyway, they should be inside when the keeper is cleaning his "enclosure"
Reply 95
020sophiekay

Then the tiger shouldn't be in the zoo.
020sophiekay

No, in zoos over here tigers in captivity are usually kept in a locked area until the pen has been cleaned food/water has been replaced etc. Hardly going to walk into the pen with it prowling around, it's hardly going to be the happiest thing in the world being locked in a cage.

whatever human goes near a massive man eatting tiger needs they're head examined mainly if they think they can tame it.
i was a little surprised about the tiger being destroyed, especially since it's an endangered animal
or they shold just shoot the tiger
Reply 99
edited - thanks acalia.

Latest

Trending

Trending