Do you think Queen Mary uni in London will be leniant and allow me deferred entry... Watch

mysticalfluffy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
even if I am 20-40 UMS points under the conditional offer?
What I am applying for is Biology, I am not sure how subscribed for this is, I have suffered poor working due to ill health in the previous two years.

I am spending next year doing an arts foundation diploma in lens based media as my final aim is to become a photojournalist. This in itself will earn me quite a few UMS points but weren't planned when I made my UCAS application.
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So you already hold an offer to study there in the autumn of this year?

Contact them now and ask if they will let you change your offer to defered entry - explain what you're planning on doing in your gap year and ask if it is possible to change to 2010 entry. Generally universities seem to say yes, from what people have said on here, providing you've got a good explaination of your plans for the next year.

Whether or not they then take you if you miss your offer is a different matter and they won't be able to tell you this until after results day in August. If you haven't already, also advise the university and your exam boards that your results might be affected due to poor health. They will require evidence from your doctor and probably your school too. Then all you can do is wait. The points you gain doing the Arts foudation course next year will make no difference to whether you meet the offer or not as the offer has to be met by the end of August of this year, anything you do in your year out will not count. Although obviously you could reapply through UCAS for 2010 entry and then yes, this course could be taken into consideration along with your existing grades from this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads