Anyone on here ever had dyed hair permed? Watch

Geritak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Basically, I want to completely change my look before uni. I've been toying with the idea of going darker for years (I'm currently a kind of dirty-blonde colour, and I want to be brown), and I've finally talked myself into actually getting it done during the summer hols.

The thing is, I've also been told I'd suit curls, and I'm tempted to get some kind of perm done. Having said that, I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to get dyed hair permed, as the perm doesn't take as easily. :confused: Can anyone confirm this?

If it is true, any advice on which of the two to go for? Pros/Cons?
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Geritak)
Basically, I want to completely change my look before uni. I've been toying with the idea of going darker for years (I'm currently a kind of dirty-blonde colour, and I want to be brown), and I've finally talked myself into actually getting it done during the summer hols.

The thing is, I've also been told I'd suit curls, and I'm tempted to get some kind of perm done. Having said that, I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to get dyed hair permed, as the perm doesn't take as easily. :confused: Can anyone confirm this?

If it is true, any advice on which of the two to go for? Pros/Cons?
I know that you're supposed to leave it about a fortnight before you dye a perm, but have no idea fo the other way around.

I reckon your best bet is to go into a few hairdressers in town and see what they think; they're the experts, and most likely to be able to tell you what's doable
tenement_funster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yes

dont do it.

seriously though get your hair either stripped

head and shoulders baby!

or get a salon to do it

i have to go to a salon to have my perm for the prom

akkkk

good luck

quote me else wont reply

if you wanna talk anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads