Edexcel Maths (C1/C2) Help Watch

shafaq92
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey!

I was doing the Jan 09 paper for C1 and I need help on a couple of questions. I have the mark scheme but I'm having trouble understanding how certain answers were worked out. So umm its 6. (a) due to which I can't do (b) either. Then I've done 7 but I wanted to know, for (b), the markscheme says a method mark is rewarded for choosing "outside" region" and that a diagram or table alone is not sufficient so I wanted to know what would be required to achieve that mark? Any idea?

Oh and I'm having trouble attaching the paper but I'll do that once I can. Till then any help would be appreciated by ppl who already have access to it.

Thanks

Also, good luck everyone!
shafaq92
Here it is. Help anyone? Please!
Attached files
shafaq92
Guys...any idea?
nancykapoor
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
6a) Given that 2x^2-x^3/2 whole thing divided by root of x
root of x is the same as x^1/2
and because when we divide powers we minus em..
so it wud b sumthing lyk
2x^3/2-x^1

p=3/2
q=1

i guess u can carry it out from there then ?

Ps. i hope tht made sense.
shafaq92
(Original post by nancykapoor)
6a) Given that 2x^2-x^3/2 whole thing divided by root of x
root of x is the same as x^1/2
and because when we divide powers we minus em..
so it wud b sumthing lyk
2x^3/2-x^1

p=3/2
q=1

i guess u can carry it out from there then ?

Ps. i hope tht made sense.
Aaah thank you so much! I can't believe it was that simple and I didn't see that.
nancykapoor
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its all gd
Apple24
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Related to c1 and c2, does anyone know the list of proofs we need to know? I know we have to learn the quadratic formula and the sum of a geometric series but is there anything else proofwise?
chibi-sama
Report 9 years ago
you need to know the arithmetic formula for C1 and that's it with geometric from C2
Akhy123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it wanted a proof, it would almost definitely guide you through it, for example, for the quadratic formula, it would first ask you to complete the square, then prove that equals something else, then eventually simplify to the finished formula, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
chibi-sama
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shafaq92)
Hey!

I was doing the Jan 09 paper for C1 and I need help on a couple of questions. I have the mark scheme but I'm having trouble understanding how certain answers were worked out. So umm its 6. (a) due to which I can't do (b) either. Then I've done 7 but I wanted to know, for (b), the markscheme says a method mark is rewarded for choosing "outside" region" and that a diagram or table alone is not sufficient so I wanted to know what would be required to achieve that mark? Any idea?

Oh and I'm having trouble attaching the paper but I'll do that once I can. Till then any help would be appreciated by ppl who already have access to it.

Thanks

Also, good luck everyone!
6b) is just simply differentiating what you got in 6a) xD

Question 7 means it is relating to a graph you draw, i certainly use this method as it is by far the easiest way NOT to make a mistake. When it means choose outside region as in if you draw the parabola cutting at (1,0) and (4,0) when you draw it there is the bit UNDER the x axis which is the "inside area" if it were <0. Because it is >0, you want the two sides which are above the x axis meaning the "outside region". It helps if you draw out what i've said xD I hope it helps!
yulaiyulai
Report 9 years ago
I did the jan 2009 and I got 95%! email me if u need
Monkeyz
Report 9 years ago
Hey Everyone, I have got the C1 papers for Jan09 but i dont know how to upload them. Can someone tell me how to and i will do it asap!!!
From Axe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads