Report Thread starter 9 years ago
:p:

nosy ****** :p:, i can see IP changes, and since we are sharing the router :p:
penny_wishes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can we actually apply if we have them as an insurance?
I haven't had any details from them and the website seemed to suggest that if you end up there through insurance, you phone them up and are automatically placed in the whole househunting thing Hopefully I've completely misinterpreted that though...
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
I have got a verfication code and I am logged on allowing me to get registered with the houses.

Ill send you the link if you want
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
Also totally offtopic, but wtf? Strawberry cider? Lawl.
penny_wishes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by N00bsicle)
Also totally offtopic, but wtf? Strawberry cider? Lawl.
First discovered from a lovely pub down on Brighton Beach :P 'Brothers Strawberry Cider', they sell it in Theshers, I insist you try it some time

Also thank you for the offer, but is the code perhaps linked to each person? Like each person gets a different code? Cos then it probably wouldnt work for me
I have a feeling Brighton's communications are messing me around AGAIN, I had to phone them up to find out I had an offer (3 months after they supposedly gave me one ¬.¬) and now they've probably forgotten to give me accomodation details...yay.
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
I've pm'ed you some details. You have probably done it already lol .
military
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So I have just realised that I have not done my Brighton registration for accomodation.

Okay so its an insurance, but with the way my studies have gone, it looks like its the only one im going to .

Anyway, my course is Law with Business Studies.

I checked the site out and apparently its in somewhere called mousecomb or somewhere. :lol:

What accomodation would you guys/gals go for?

cheers
moulsecoomb is rough. tesco delivery has stopped its service because of the moulsecoomb militants. and whitehawk too. watch out for that area, having said that, theres no where else! bcos they're nearest the uni!
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
(Original post by military)
moulsecoomb is rough. tesco delivery has stopped its service because of the moulsecoomb militants. and whitehawk too. watch out for that area, having said that, theres no where else! bcos they're nearest the uni!
:eek:

Damn :|

That certainly is quite discomforting to hear.

What is the social scene like at the warzone?
military
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
https://theta.securesslhost.net/~tru...ber=11&id=1482

just keep your eyes pealed
penny_wishes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've pm'ed you some details. You have probably done it already lol .
Yes, thank you very much but alas, I never got the original email needed for me to be able to use that page...booooo. Searched my inbox and junk mail and still found nothing, so I sent them an email today nagging them (well, I've given them the benefit of the doubt, asking if I'm supposed to apply for accommodation or not). They must be fed up of me by now :p:
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
Thats a bugger. Hope it goes well for you though

p.s stupid question i know, but just confirm you are checking the inbox of the address you used for UCAS
penny_wishes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: 02 June 2009 07:55:50
To: *************************
Cc: Registry Admissions ([email protected])

Dear Suzanne

If you have made Brighton your insurance choice, then you are not eligible for a halls place.

Many thanks

Accommodation Office
Whatttttttttttttt?
Guess I better crank up the revision, cos if I dont get into Sussex I'm homeless
FalmerGrad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There seems to be a need to explain MOULSECOOMB again.

Moulsecoomb is the name of the biggest Brighton university campus. It is named after the area of the city, along Lewes Road (A270) half way between central Brighton and Falmer. On the campus (near enough) are Moulsecoomb Halls of residence, and Moulsecoomb train station.

If you turn off the A270 (opposite the station) heading south-east along "The Avenue" you come to some quite large council-built estates, called East Moulsecoomb, North Moulsecoomb and Lower Bevendean. Like a lot of large estates in GB they have a "certain reputation" and from time to time there are stories that so-and-so won't deliver there.

Unless you found a flat in the estate area, you would probably have no reason to go there. As I said all the university buildings are on the main road and close to the bus and train. Unfortunately there are people who drag out the reputation of Moulsecoomb estate and confuse potential students. Please ignore them.
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
fuuuuuuck
Abdul_lahi
Report 9 years ago
I got it as insurance and they gave me the verification code along with everything else.

Dear *******, Your student details have been registered with the University of Brighton Halls Application Website. If you have not registered with the University of Brighton Halls Application Website, then please contact the Accommodation Office immediately. Brighton OfficeTelephone +44 (0)1273 644100Fax +44 (0)1273 642982mailto:[email protected] ton.ac.uk Eastbourne OfficeTelephone +44 (0)1273 643810Fax +44 (0)1273 643846mailto:[email protected] on.ac.uk If you have any queries or this email has come to you by mistake, then please contact the Accommodation Office immediately. Please note: do not reply to this email, it is a system generated email.

And this email before it

The website you need to use to apply is http://accommodation.brighton.ac.uk

Thanks

Accommodation Office

Sent: 21 May 2009 19:46
To: Accommodation
Subject: RE: Accommodation

Sorry to bother you again but when I enter the student number to this box

http://www.brightonstudentpad.co.uk/...wnpassword.asp

It says the password is wrong

Any help would be appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:21:04 +0100
To: [email protected]

Hello

Your University of Brighton student number is ******

Best Regards

Accommodation Office

Sent: 20 May 2009 13:49

Hello

Thanks for the rapid reply

Name: *****
Ucas number: ********
DOB: *********

Yours truly Abdullahi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:20:29 +0100
To: [email protected]

Hello

Please forward you name, ucas number and date of birth and we can then reply with your student / applicant number.

Best Regards

Accommodation Office

Sent: 20 May 2009 12:13
Subject: Accommodation

I want to apply for accomodation but I haven't got my applicant number , so I have been unable to fill the form.
penny_wishes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, they have sent me nothing. At all. Except a letter saying thanks for choosing us as your insurance.

Pretty convinced they don't want me there at all considering the amount of trouble I'm having with them ¬.¬ Oh well, I'll probably be shoving myself through clearing if I dont get into my firm anyway, stuff 'em! Even if I still wanted to do the course, the way my entire application has been handled by this uni is appalling, the contact and 'help' I've had from them has been appalling, and if this is how they treat students before they've signed the contracts making them pay for the service, godknows how they treat students when they're stuck there after forking out 3 grand.
Abdul_lahi
Report 9 years ago
Penny did you point out to them that its your insurance?
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
(Original post by penny_wishes)
Wow, they have sent me nothing. At all. Except a letter saying thanks for choosing us as your insurance.

Pretty convinced they don't want me there at all considering the amount of trouble I'm having with them ¬.¬ Oh well, I'll probably be shoving myself through clearing if I dont get into my firm anyway, stuff 'em! Even if I still wanted to do the course, the way my entire application has been handled by this uni is appalling, the contact and 'help' I've had from them has been appalling, and if this is how they treat students before they've signed the contracts making them pay for the service, godknows how they treat students when they're stuck there after forking out 3 grand.
I would have to agree with you there. :o:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads