Results Watch

tommy.789
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Does anyone know when we're told what results we got in the exams? On the SPA website it says there's a pass list that's released like a week after exams but surely this is too soon for the papers to have been marked? When to we find out our marks or at least whether we passed or need to do resits?
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lecturers are marking as we speak.

It's a horrible thought. The exam I took on Friday has probably been marked by now :eek: :bawling:
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tommy.789)
Does anyone know when we're told what results we got in the exams? On the SPA website it says there's a pass list that's released like a week after exams but surely this is too soon for the papers to have been marked?
Nope, they mark them as soon as the exams start. The pass list publication date is when you'll find the out your results and this will be only a couple of weeks after the exams finish. People need to know their results as soon as possible. Especially as registration and congregation takes place in late June.

The pass list itself is just a collection of names with "is required to do resits, continues to same programme, moves to normal programme". To find out your module results you can log into your account on the SPA website on the day.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Nope, they mark them as soon as the exams start. The pass list publication date is when you'll find the out your results and this will be only a couple of weeks after the exams finish. People need to know their results as soon as possible. Especially as registration and congregation takes place in late June.

The pass list itself is just a collection of names with "is required to do resits, continues to same programme, moves to normal programme". To find out your module results you can log into your account on the SPA website on the day.
And I'm not going to be on it :proud:
Lell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They come out after the meeting of the board of examiners which is typically a week after exams end...first years tend to get their results first as they are not final honours and it's not really as important. Last year I think I waited three weeks between the end of my exams and my results. Not long at all-but hellish for the tutors I guess.
isawsparks89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So scared.
generic hybrid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What exactly is the day results come out? I can't find this anywhere for some stupid reason.
Lell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They haven't told us yet...I think they usually say in the first week or so after exams.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys,

BUTTON IT

At least until my last exam is over :embarrassed:

I don't want to think about results
Foxius
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh man. I remember how last year we looked at the degree classification lists for finalist programmes.

...funny knowing that you'll be on that list this year.
Sooz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The dates for when they will be published are up now: http://www.dur.ac.uk/spa/student/ass...passlistdates/
jobo3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
24th June!!! Nob 'eds, that's ages, I need my results to decide wtf I want to do tbh.
generic hybrid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
24th for me too. Arrrghhhhh
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
24th for me too. Such ultrafail.

I need my 2.1 ffs.
loggins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
And I'm not going to be on it :proud:
How? I want to do this!
Sooz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loggins)
How? I want to do this!
The deadline to do it was two weeks before exams started I believe.
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why even though i have no exam results yet do i feel so sick at the sight of that page!
On the positive side that was one hell of a kick up the arse and i shalt be revising as from now!!
Stacy_T
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's going to c r e e p by this year.
On a more positive note, I love reading pass lists.
They really appeal to my obsessive compulsiveness.
Applying4Maths
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stacy_T)
It's going to c r e e p by this year.
On a more positive note, I love reading pass lists.
They really appeal to my obsessive compulsiveness.
Me too! Although I suppose nosiness also comes into it! Glad I'm not the only one.
Zii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought that results were meant to start filtering through on June 8, but I've checked DUO and SPA and there's simply nothing to report.

Does anyone know when you get your results? Also, do you get them on paper, too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads