June accommodation allocation? Watch

nason34
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello once again. So when I applied for my accommodation a good few months ago now I received an email saying:

Dear Student

Thank you for submitting an application for accommodation at Bournemouth University. We will be making the allocations around the beginning of June 2009. Please ensure that you monitor your email at this time as you will be given five days to respond to the offer of accommodation.

Regards
Accommodation Service

Now I'm hoping when they say early June it means the first week of june, as in next week. I got to admit I'm pretty excited :woo: . Is anyone else out there applying for Cranborne!?!?!?

Also completely off topic but whats the deal with clubs not letting you in if your wearing jeans, is this a myth? cus I never wear trousers apart for at work.
Eden09
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nason34)
Hello once again. So when I applied for my accommodation a good few months ago now I received an email saying:

Dear Student

Thank you for submitting an application for accommodation at Bournemouth University. We will be making the allocations around the beginning of June 2009. Please ensure that you monitor your email at this time as you will be given five days to respond to the offer of accommodation.

Regards
Accommodation Service

Now I'm hoping when they say early June it means the first week of june, as in next week. I got to admit I'm pretty excited :woo: . Is anyone else out there applying for Cranborne!?!?!?

Also completely off topic but whats the deal with clubs not letting you in if your wearing jeans, is this a myth? cus I never wear trousers apart for at work.
If you want to find other people, have a search on facebook, look for groups like 'Cranborne 09' or somthing, then write a wall post saying what flat you're in (once you know obv)..I found my housemates that way which was quite cool, I know it can feel sort of surreal until you've made contact lol.

About the jeans thing, it's a complete myth. The only thing I've ever seen people have a problem with is trainers and hoodies.
nason34
Oh awesome only a few weeks then hopefully until I find out fingers crossed haha. Oh good cus I hate trousers although I do hate wearing shoes as well to clubs but hey I'll roll with it anyway. When did you find out your accommodation allocation? (that sounds like it could be a tv program)
Eden09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh awesome only a few weeks then hopefully until I find out fingers crossed haha. Oh good cus I hate trousers although I do hate wearing shoes as well to clubs but hey I'll roll with it anyway. When did you find out your accommodation allocation? (that sounds like it could be a tv program)
They didn't let me apply until I had met the conditions for my offer, so I applied on results day, and then found out about a week later that I was put into a unilet when I wanted halls. So I complained and got put in corfe house lol, that took about 2 weeks from results day to sort out. They confirmed it over the phone but then the pack of info and contracts and everything came in literally 2 weeks before I was due to move in. (probably would have been done sooner if I was happy with the unilet)
nason34
Grr I hope they don't **** up my application because I had to amend it but they said it would be fine really para about it. Fingers crossed I will find out soon. I really wanna see some pics of the inside of cranborne and not the ones on the actual Bournemouth website.
Eden09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grr I hope they don't **** up my application because I had to amend it but they said it would be fine really para about it. Fingers crossed I will find out soon. I really wanna see some pics of the inside of cranborne and not the ones on the actual Bournemouth website.
Again, I'm sure if you have a sneaky peek on facebook you could find some? From what I've heard, Cranborne is the older one out of that and Purbeck, and you can tell that from looking at them, but it's still one of the most popular places, most would consider you lucky to get a place there :yep: It's in a great location but if you want something really new, clean and not so lived-in then go for Corfe House
nason34
Yeah I joined one group for the students of next year but theres only 5 members! Ha promising! and no pictures either oh well. Guess I will have to wait. I don't mind actually which accommodation I get as long as its in the town and its not a unilet.
Immz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think I'm going to apply for Cranborne now. I was originally going to apply for Purbeck but it seems that everybody is applying there and I don't want to end up having to settle for Unilet as a result of it. I think I'll have more of a chance getting in to Cranborne. I can't apply until I get my results though but fortunately as its an Access course and not A-Levels I should have my results during July which is a bit earlier than most people, I'm hoping this gives me more of a chance
Eden09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Immz)
I think I'm going to apply for Cranborne now. I was originally going to apply for Purbeck but it seems that everybody is applying there and I don't want to end up having to settle for Unilet as a result of it. I think I'll have more of a chance getting in to Cranborne. I can't apply until I get my results though but fortunately as its an Access course and not A-Levels I should have my results during July which is a bit earlier than most people, I'm hoping this gives me more of a chance
It probably will give you more a chance to go where you want cause it's first come first served. Both cranborne and purbeck are really popular so you'll be lucky to get into one of them. I've heard the new halls are quite good though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Design & Engineering Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed