Geography Avery Hill Spec B Watch

iturhs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Im currently doing Geography B otherwise called Avery Hill. Anyone else doing this course?
The exam is on 2nd June which has 3 of the 4 modules..

Is there any good way of revisin for these units/modules?
Whats are the mostcommon things that come up in this specific exam?
What case studies are recommened to revise?
im thinking of revising about 2-3 case studies for each unit but im wondering of hw to revise these, i hvent choosen which case studies id like to revise/learn atm....

i knw where the past papers are, on the ocr website :http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications..._-_June_series

Thanks in advance
SN x
TenthBelt1993
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
learn ecosystem - and then you can forget weather - its either 1 or the other
iturhs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabster)
learn ecosystem - and then you can forget weather - its either 1 or the other
thts a brill ideaa forr the last unit!
what 3 moduless are coming up i hve completely forgotten
iturhs
Rep:
?
Does anyone knw wha the 3 modules are for the tues exam?
jbo123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
isnt it climate environment and people, people and place and water, landforms and people?
I have a case studies sitch atm too - I dont know how many its sensible to learn? Any suggestions?
Basma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Paparazzi)
isnt it climate environment and people, people and place and water, landforms and people?
I have a case studies sitch atm too - I dont know how many its sensible to learn? Any suggestions?
I have like, 9 for each :/
iturhs
Rep:
?
imaa stickk with bout 3 case studies for each unit/module, so for tues exam:
* Water, landforms and people (3 case studies of diff topics)
- sea case studies like to do with landforms so u myt hve dne a cse studie on spits or a bay
- Coastal management cse studie on usually the cw u do, so myn is walton on the naze
for this module cse studie the Q usually asks describe the landform, explain hw it was formed, use by people?
* People and place (i think this one is the easiest compared to the other units :woo: , bout 3 cse studies c hw mni i actually memba )
- for MEDC cse study, eg. leicster
- for LEDC cse study, eg. Rio de Janeiro

- Counterurbanisation cse study, eg. Leicester and the village Leire
For this unit its rememberin bout Push and Pull factors thts hw we learn it so hw people were pulld to a place and pushed away frm the one they lived in ..
* Climate environment and people , ima learn two cse studies for this buh u might dne mre, depends buh il jus put wha topic cse study so u knw wen the q in the exam cmes wha cse study to do
- weather n climate eg. Tropical rainforest cse study
- Pressure systems eg. Hurricane Gilbert is a development of a low pressure system or what hurricane u did
- Human activity eg. Impact of monsoons, impact of hurricanes, impacts of depressions & anticyclones in UK 1987, storm & 2005/6 drought
- small ecosystem cse study i think is epping forest
- large ecosystem cse is i think malaysia :eek3

i did a few mre cse studies buh i dnt think ima learn them all buh id advice to lean an ecosytem one for the third unit and i knw i put a lot mre cse studies nmes up buh idnt think ill learn them lol too longgg buh i dnt wna fail either ......

thres a doc tht ill attach which shws the sylabus better then the one on the ocr website coz tht ones kinda ****

Thanks for letting me knw bout the units and Good Luck for the exam . (Y)

the best way to revise is doing mind maps wid felt tips only knw coz one of my cousins tk geo for alevel :O

SN x
iturhs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Basma)
I have like, 9 for each :/
Thats jus depressing, no way r u gna remeber tht mny, u shuld learn bout 3 of each of each topic of one unit

9 cse studies FOR EACH :eek3: Your hving a laugh lol

iv attached a revision synopsis of all the units buh for nw i guess u only nd the 3 ...all 4 r in there tho and this is based on what my teacher taught us, i got it off my teacher.

A good site to go on for geo is getrevising theres some gd things on there and to jus learn all the key terms for these modules too.

iv attached some other docs too.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads