Photography People! Watch

xjenni83x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
How many of us are there doing photography at college/uni?

There doesn't seem to be many on here.

But if you are, post us your flickr/deviantART for a peek
ghostories
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/petitghost/
Where are you going to study? I'm going to University of the Arts London (Camberwell), so excited!
xjenni83x
Rep:
?
(Original post by ghostories)
Me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/petitghost/
Where are you going to study? I'm going to University of the Arts London (Camberwell), so excited!
Hey! Some really cool images in there!

Im going to UCLAN. I looked at the London Uni's cos i absoloutely adore London but i wasn't keen on the Uni's. I can't wait now though to go it's dragging by!
ghostories
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xjenni83x)
Hey! Some really cool images in there!

Im going to UCLAN. I looked at the London Uni's cos i absoloutely adore London but i wasn't keen on the Uni's. I can't wait now though to go it's dragging by!
Me too! Can't wait to move out, it's so exciting! Are you doing a foundation course at the moment?
xjenni83x
Rep:
?
(Original post by ghostories)
Me too! Can't wait to move out, it's so exciting! Are you doing a foundation course at the moment?
It's an Access course im doing, for mature students. And i know, cant wait to move out, any longer at home and i'd have been killing my dad lol
kaz588
Report 9 years ago
Hello fellow photography people I'm starting my degree at University college Falmouth in September. It can't come quick enough!
My deviantART gallery is here
Photography Gallery
xjenni83x
Rep:
?
(Original post by kaz588)
Hello fellow photography people I'm starting my degree at University college Falmouth in September. It can't come quick enough!
Photography Gallery
you have some amazing work on there! I love your flowers tho!
alberello
Report 9 years ago
I just got an offer for Westminster! and waiting to hear from Staffs and AIB!
I have a few pictures on flickr, www.flickr.com/photos/alberoarbol
ghostories
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alberello)
I just got an offer for Westminster! and waiting to hear from Staffs and AIB!
I have a few pictures on flickr, www.flickr.com/photos/alberoarbol
Ooh I got an offer from there too! The facilities are so amaaazing! I really like those first couple with the colourful buildings on your flickr; where is that?
alberello
Report 9 years ago
it's good to hear the facilities are amazing! I live in Spain and didn't have to go to the interview so I didn't have the chance to see what the place was like.
The colourful buildings are in this kind of marginal neighbourhood in Istanbul called Dolapdere. I was there doing a small assignment for a journalist I met who was writing an article about the Kurds in Istanbul, really interesting!
kaz588
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xjenni83x)
you have some amazing work on there! I love your flowers tho!
Thank you so much

Anyone else counting down the days til September now? I can't wait to move over and get started!
Jayde
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, i'm currently finishing a ND Photography course and will be going to Camberwell College of Arts in September... I have quite a lot on my Flickr account - check it out if you want to... some images i'm using for my FMP will be uploaded on there soon! can't wait to finish college and move away from where I live currently :P

Also, anyone else studying Photography at college or University from September who has a Flickr account is welcome to add me as a "contact" - thanks
ChristineX
Report 9 years ago
Hey everyone I'll be starting at University of Gloucestershire this September

Here's a link to my Flickr gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/liliova-art
x-lolarose-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kaz588)
Photography Gallery
you have some gorgeous work! very colourful

I have a Flickr myself (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lola_kelly/) but I only have a few bits and pieces up.I'm an AS student atm & I'm still not sure what the best universities are in terms of photography. My tutor said Newport's a good one, but I'm not sure whether or not I'd like to live there :/
Jayde
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Newport is meant to be good, there's a really good Documentary Photography course which I believe is in collaboration with Martin Parr (like he visits to do talks and stuff which is cool). I know someone who just graduated from there.

Falmouth is probably top on the list in the country in terms of difficulty to get onto! along with the College of Communication (University of the Arts London)... I really fancied applying there but I had my heard set on Camberwell so I didn't bother (as both are "first choice interview only" institutions I think).

London College of Fashion has a neat looking Fashion Photography course, I know some people who will be going there in September.

I liked the look of the course at University of the Creative Arts in Kent, specifically the Maidstone campus (& Rochester) but I didn't go to any open days there - heard good things though, I applied there but I got my 1st choice so didn't wait.

Edinburgh College of Art's Photography course is meant to be top in the country, I didn't fancy moving that far away from my folks so I didn't apply but it does look good on paper!
x-lolarose-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jayde)
Newport is meant to be good, there's a really good Documentary Photography course which I believe is in collaboration with Martin Parr (like he visits to do talks and stuff which is cool). I know someone who just graduated from there.

Falmouth is probably top on the list in the country in terms of difficulty to get onto! along with the College of Communication (University of the Arts London)... I really fancied applying there but I had my heard set on Camberwell so I didn't bother (as both are "first choice interview only" institutions I think).

London College of Fashion has a neat looking Fashion Photography course, I know some people who will be going there in September.

I liked the look of the course at University of the Creative Arts in Kent, specifically the Maidstone campus (& Rochester) but I didn't go to any open days there - heard good things though, I applied there but I got my 1st choice so didn't wait.

Edinburgh College of Art's Photography course is meant to be top in the country, I didn't fancy moving that far away from my folks so I didn't apply but it does look good on paper!
yeah documentary & fashion are the courses I were mainly considering at newport haha, & the whole Martin Parr business would be interesting, I've appraised him a fair bit in my AS work

Thanks for the other suggestions I haven't even HEARD of some of those courses!
ghostories
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jayde)
along with the College of Communication (University of the Arts London)... I really fancied applying there but I had my heard set on Camberwell so I didn't bother (as both are "first choice interview only" institutions I think).
You can actually apply to both London College of Communication and Camberwell (LCC is Route A only leaving you free to put Camberwell as your first choice). Just something I wish I would've known when I was applying!
sdiana91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not.... but I'm looking for some really good photography shots for inspiration for a shoot! Anyone care to share or know of any good sites for inspiration?!
ghostories
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sdiana91)
I'm not.... but I'm looking for some really good photography shots for inspiration for a shoot! Anyone care to share or know of any good sites for inspiration?!
i really like www.itsnicethat.com, the photography section especially. you might have to go back a while (i don't think the posts lately have been very good) but theres some really great stuff in there!

EDIT: oh and also! http://www.featureshoot.com/ is really good
alberello
Report 9 years ago
I really like Americansuburbx
www.photography-now.net has all the big names in photography and is worth taking a look too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed