What did you get for your 18th birthday? Watch

serrellen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm eighteen in August and family keeps pestering me as to what I want for presents for it. It's sort of annoying, you're meant to get something special when you're eighteen but I have absolutely no idea what I want (barring a car, which no one will want to get for me!)
tomtom:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by serrellen)
I'm eighteen in August and family keeps pestering me as to what I want for presents for it. It's sort of annoying, you're meant to get something special when you're eighteen but I have absolutely no idea what I want (barring a car, which no one will want to get for me!)
Same and same, however I won't need a car that close to uni. Completely random place to post this though!!
serrellen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ha yeah wrong forum. I meant it for General Discussion.
~tifa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ask for a super nice camcorder -nod- ....unless you don't want one then um .........I'll get back later o.o
Terry Acky
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
camera or something, not special but useful or some socks and stuff, or an xbox360 or socks or something?
charlie-cakes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me too
I'm asking for some money because in July I will be travelling a bit of europe...i'm asking for an early birthday present...
How about a new lot of outfits for uni?
~tifa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
0mg...a wii. Unless you have one already =/

......or a trip to New York. That'd be cool.
Pimpin Juice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How about a Nimbus 2000 Vibrating Broomstick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ixsdGac2g
jen-bee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got a camera, my party and a bracelet they bought for me when I was a baby.

The camera is a nice generic idea. Or maybe they could buy you a photo-shoot makeover session with friends. Um... then there's the obvious clothes, jewellery, perfume etc. Completely thinking of random things now... a scrapbook to document your time at uni? A weekend break somewhere with a friend?

It's pretty hard to judge what you would want. Depends a lot on the budget as well obviously. Sort of covered all angles with my suggestions...
angelmxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just had mine =]
I got some charms for my charm bracelet, and a filofax, and a me to you 18 bear
nowheree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
a laptop
Spleeny
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got a jewellery box which is nice because its something that I'll keep for a really long time. And money.
_Fleur_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For mine, I got a holiday of my choosing to anywhere in the world and the most amazing pair of diamond earrings. Amongst other things. :yep:
FairyNuff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i got the new iPod nano
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got

what about
-Laptop
-Clothes
-Money
-Spa day
Hravan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not 18 yet but I know what I'm getting:
a) a trip to Stonehenge, Avebury, West Kennet Long Barrow, Uffington White Horse, Wayland's Smithy and some other places. That's my actual birthday celebration. (I don't drink.)
b) 20-something days this summer in Africa and all the kit I need (including a camera). 4 days trekking in Zambia, 8 days building mud houses in Zambia, 2 day at Victoria Falls in Zambia, 4 days on safari in Botswana and the rest of the days are made up of travelling and time spent in Lusaka.
and c) driving lessons.
Although b and c are xmas/birthday combined presents. B is actually the past two Xmas, my 17th and probably every Xmas and birthday up until I'm 21.

If I wasn't getting that I would probably ask for things I would need for uni, some spending money (hopefully in the form of Waterstones vouchers... yes I'm sad) and a trip away with my friends. Although I did go to London with my friends for my 17th.... Damn I'm spoilt :rolleyes:

Ho hum... ideas? Ummm... camera? Laptop? Driving lessons unless you've already had them? Trip away with friends? Jewellery?
HEJ92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What about just getting a cerain amount of money and a few jokey presents
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wow some people get so much!
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got a nice watch (as in, a £70ish one, not a ridiculously expensive one or anything, but more than I'd choose to spend myself on a watch), and my parents paid for most of my laptop. They also paid for drinks and food to have a sleepover at my house with about ten of my friends.

This year, I got a load of stuff for uni. I'm on a gap year though, so had I gone to uni when my friends did, I probably would have asked for these things for my 18th, and just asked for one slightly bigger present. So I got things like expensive books I'll need, cooking equipment, room decorations etc.

It sucks turning 18 with regards to presents. It's a landmark birthday, so people want to get you something special, but most things you want that aren't ridiculously OTT you can buy yourself if you have a job.
Xenopus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Half a dozen STIs and a hooker, guess which order I got them in. Seriosuly though, I can't remember, might have been just some money I think, couldn't think of anything that I wanted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads