Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks for the answers!
MBibzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lisplover89)
I went out clubbing with my friend on Monday and we got chatting to a group of guys. I ended up going back home with one of them and sleeping with him. But we got on really well and talked and joked with each other. In the morning he seemed happy with just cuddling and kissing in bed rather than getting his leg over.

He offered to drive me home, and on the way he gave me his business card with his number on it and asked me to text him my number. So I did two nights ago, and there's been no reply. I know it was sent to the correct number! Does anyone think he has no intention of texting me back and he isn't interested? It seems odd that HE would give me HIS number if he isn't interested in taking it any further than that night.

Also he initiated the numbers, I didn't mention it at all. Honest opinions please! I may be going a bit OTT seeing as it's only been one day, but I'm just a bit curious. I don't want to try texting again or ringing because that would make me seem desperate.
Sounds as though it went really well for you. I think 1 day is way too soon to expect a response give it a week before you start to wonder. If it went as well as it sounds he will definitely contact you within the next week. I wouldn't reccommend contacting him first though, you don't wanna sound needy.
xxharrixx
Report 9 years ago
seems he really did like you! likely that he thought he was being too keen and didn't want to text straight away and seem even more eager. and it worked as you're thinking about him more!
icn06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:/

Seems like he's not interested. Even if he does eventually contact you the fact that he slept with you and waited days to initiate contact is very insulting. I'd forget about him.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah I would have no intention to get into a relationship/contact with a girl I can f*** within a few hours. sorry.

he probably gave you his "number" just to be civil and not for you to feel used.
luko
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by icn06)
:/

Seems like he's not interested. Even if he does eventually contact you the fact that he slept with you and waited days to initiate contact is very insulting. I'd forget about him.
Perhaps he was busy? There a loads of reasons why he wouldn't contact straight away. He may have been playing hard to get because his mates told him women love that sort of thing. You never know, he might be going crazy inside thinking "omg, when should I text her back?!"
calvinuk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As a rule, if you give it up straight away, men just aren't that interested.

For a couple of reasons really,

1.) We don't respect you anymore, really.
2.) Why chase after something we've already had? When you wait a little longer, we get hooked in the thrill of the chase.

One of my mates has had sex with ~20 girls in the past two years, and the one he looks upon most fondly, are the ones who made him wait.
icn06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by luko)
Perhaps he was busy? There a loads of reasons why he wouldn't contact straight away. He may have been playing hard to get because his mates told him women love that sort of thing. You never know, he might be going crazy inside thinking "omg, when should I text her back?!"
If he had gotten her number and waited to contact then fine but she sent him a text and he rudely ignored it! Honestly if he does like her then he must be an idiot because after you sleep with a girl you should show a bit more care.
newname123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you do realise that only a small percentage of the time do girls and boys who meet in clubs contact each other again?
i know he was nice and everything but i think he just wanted to be polite, if he didnt give you his number then it may be rude
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did his number begin '5...5...5...' by any chance?
emilyyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate that in the minds of so many people, when a guy has a one-night-stand it's all like "Reyyyy, good on you!" but when a girl does it she's judged as a slut :rolleyes:

OP, I say give it a week. I would guess he was interested but equally he may have just been an exceptionally polite person. If you hear nothing after a week you can pretty safely assume there's nothing going to be following.
forsaken_earth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He's just... not that into you.

Maybe find someone who will have to work for your attention first?
KyriakosCy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i agree with calvinuk.

he might doesn't want to have a serious relationship.

and btw, i would never have a relationship with a girl, nearly 18, who slept with me from the first night. it was just sex.

get over it and don't text him again.
Metamorphosis_S
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seriously? It worries me that some people actually still think like this. What's so good about the 'chase'? A girl meets someone, finds them sexually attractive and sleeps with them. I really can't see the problem with this, especially if she wasn't out looking for a relationship with that person. Bleurgh, some peoples attitudes just make so little sense.

Dain Bramaged and all you lot, and I'd really appreciate it if you answered this seriously: what is it about girls sleeping with guys they don't know well (other than admittedly dangerous), that's so wrong?

I'm sorry OP, your threads been a bit de-railed. I'd say just wait for a few days longer before giving up. He sounds like he was a decent enough guy anyway.
ldmoore1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i can't believe how crazy the anon person is :lolwut: and all the obvious bull that they are coming out with.
well to some extent i agree with the guys, i'd never sleep with someone straight away as i also like 'the chase' and the process of getting some interested enough so that they like me for me and not just as a quick ****.
however, if others want to have one night stands whether they are female or male i see no problem with that as long as both concent and are safe. thats their buisness.
OP: deffinately dont text him again, to him he may have no intention of seeing you again and you texting him might make you look clingy. however he could just be playing it cool so just hope he texts you back (if you want that) but if not id just let it go.. theres plenty of other guys out there
Enchanté
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love it how everyone is branding her a whore, i'm pretty sure no one can say in this thread they've never had a one night stand. :rolleyes:( except the people who are actually replying with mature answers)
Grow up the lot of you, the ones being stupid in this thread are completly immature they sound about 15 or something.
56gs47qr0ghe9454fe268st
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He may just be playing hard to get, he may not be that interested but just saving your number for a booty call when he feels horny, or he may intend to never contact you again, its impossible to know. The boys on here saying they wouldn't be interested if you "gave it up" really quickly don't represent all males, and I think the older a guy is the less likely he is too see it like that. I had (incredibly drunk) sex with my boyfriend after knowing him about a week at the end of our first date, and we have been together ages now.
AnonymousOne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Enchanté)
I love it how everyone is branding her a whore, i'm pretty sure no one can say in this thread they've never had a one night stand. :rolleyes:
Grow up the lot of you, the ones being stupid in this thread are completly immature they sound about 15 or something.
Thats slightly unfair . I defended her TWICE. Haha. But yes true people are being very hurtful for no reason. As i said.. most of them are probably sexually repressed virgins who can't bear to think about sex incase their penis explodes .
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Looks like he already has had his fun.

I really don't want to judge you but you've just made it too easy for him to get into your knickers. Its hard to respect girls who are that quick to pull them down with a bit of charm. Sure sex is fun, but if you were so easy for him then you've probably been with a lot of other guys and that isn't that attractive a trait no matter how much you dress it up.
Enchanté
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AnonymousOne)
Thats slightly unfair . I defended her TWICE. Haha. But yes true people are being very hurtful for no reason. As i said.. most of them are probably sexually repressed virgins who can't bear to think about sex incase their penis explodes .
I didn't mean the peeps who were defending her sorry if you thought I was implying it to you as well.:o:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed