ScottyDawguk.
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
pigetrational
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've never come across minimum capacities before...which syllabus are you doing?
pigetrational
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That would be why then. They're not included in the Edexcel specification. Sorry, I can't help!
beckyshields7
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
What type of question? Do you mean just to find the min/max flow or when you augment it etc etc?
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ScottyDawguk.)
Basically, on questions with min and max capacities; when we are told to find a flow, it is quite easy to find a flow and make sure that on the arcs you have used, that the minimum capacities etc are met..
But i was wondering and it confused me, whether or not we have to make sure that the other arcs unused in our flow (if they have minimum capacities) must be used when finding a flow.

I.e. when we are told to find a flow, do we have to use arcs that have minimum capacities.. or are the min capacities simply there for when you use them?
They will normally give you the flow espically one with minimum capacities.

(without minimum capacities)
Anyway, start with a initial flow of zero or the one you are give. Then augment by trying to increase the flow. Finally look for all zeroes and do cut and if your correct that should equal the flow.

(with minimum capacities)
Don't make the mistake that you can decrease a flow more then its capacity. I made this error but I was corrected today. When finding how much you can decrease it by make sure to take away value of flow now from the minimum not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads