Help with last minute college decision!!! Watch

Fatale
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Im sending off my application to Durham MA International Studies tomorrow. And I cannot decide what college.
Basically I want to get away form the 60s uni architecture and mentality!

I have for a couple of reasons come to decide between Hild & Bede and Hatfield.

I think hatfield would be nicer, but if i don't get in, i risk being placed in a college i wouldn't like! (ie a 60s one) One the other hand, I have spoken to hild & bede and they said it would be likely I'd get a place there if I sent of my application quickly.

What do I choose? and what do i write in my application to increase my chances of getting one of these colleges?
generic hybrid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fatale)
and what do i write in my application to increase my chances of getting one of these colleges?
There's nothing you can really write in your application to get you into a college. If they have space, they'll let you in; if they don't, then you'll be moved somewhere else.
Danny_777
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Choose HB if choosing between the two.

Otherwise, if you can take your head out of your arse, look at different colleges. Architecture means **** all when you're here, trust me.

Mildert is particularly nice.
Fatale
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Were you in a bad mood when you wrote that haha?
vm is supposed to be filled with really cool people, but they said chances of getting accepted as an extrernal pg needing accomodation is apparently not great..

my total options were:

College of St Hild and St Bede
Hatfield College
Josephine Butler College
St Chad's College
Ustinov College
Shmerm
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mildert is too full next year to let every current postgrad who has been offered a place actually have a room, so I suspect if you applied here you'd just get moved to Ustinov.
Emjabr
Report 9 years ago
Hild Bede looks the nicest imo... I was tempted to pick there
AATTMM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't recommend Butler for postgrad, a postgrad community spirit is pretty much non-existent. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with Ustinov, it is an incredibly friendly college with excellent accommodation (some self-catering blocks built 3 years ago), and in my opinion has the nicest bar in Durham =)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.67%
No - but I will (106)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.68%

Watched Threads