Copenhagen Trip (Info Required!)... Watch

Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Right, planning a trip to Copenhagen at some point in August, and I was wondering if those who have been or booked to going at some point soon, could give some pointers with regards to:

1) cheap good flights...

2) good appartments...

3) good places to check out...

4) any other details...

Responses would be much appreciated...and will be +repped!

initiation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Easy Jet do flights from Gatwick to Copenhagen which I think were <£100 return when we went about 6 weeks ago, check out statravel.co.uk for flights.

Denmark is expensive overall compared to the UK, especially Copenhagen, £5+ for a pint. We stayed in the youth hostel in the centre of Copenhagen which actually was very, very nice (as all the ones we found in Denmark are) and this one was basically like having a travel lodge type room. I would add more but unless your planning a visit to a waste incineration plant, see lots of Combined heat and Power plants or climb up a 45m wind turbine it won't have much relevance.:p:
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I flew with SAS, flights about £175 (though only booked about a week before). Erm I can't remember which hotel I stayed in, it was close to the central train station.

Yep Denmark is very expensive.

You should go to Legoland if you have the time and inclination to do so (bearing in mind it's about a 3 hour train journey). Also- the little mermaid statue, Rosenborg Palace, shopping, Tivoli Park (although rather expensive to get in but loads of fun)...go to Nyhavn and have lunch at one of the cafes...
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
*bump*...

Geerththanan
Rep:
?
*bump again*

Any further tips anyone..?

Flying out on Thursday...

What's the suggested spending money minimum out there..? Obviously depends on what is planned to be done, etc, but what is an average good amount to take..?

nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
*bump again*

Any further tips anyone..?

Flying out on Thursday...

What's the suggested spending money minimum out there..? Obviously depends on what is planned to be done, etc, but what is an average good amount to take..?

If you're intent on paying by cash rather than card, take an awful lot. The rate to buy DKK is dreadful at the moment - was only about 8.3DKK to 1GBP when I was there in July.
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
If you're intent on paying by cash rather than card, take an awful lot. The rate to buy DKK is dreadful at the moment - was only about 8.3DKK to 1GBP when I was there in July.
It's still around the same at the moment. What was the good rates before the downfall..?
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
It's still around the same at the moment. What was the good rates before the downfall..?
Used to get between 10 and 11.
Mumintroll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Indeed, DK is an expensive place even without the weak pound:crown rate. It was just found to be the most expensive city in the world (before even Oslo).

Aside from easyJet, it's also worth looking at Cimber Air for flights from London. They fly Gatwick-Kastrup and can be quite cheap.
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Would anyone happen to know which is the most common night for nights out in Copenhagen..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads