Actuarial Science/Maths Watch

qwerty_dude
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
How is the actuarial science/maths department like at the university of kent?
nchada383
Report 9 years ago
Overall Kent is a fantastic place for actuarial science! It has now got the international reputation not just for AS but as uni as well! At Kent the AS course is very much situated for types wanting to go into the actuarial route. Kent is on par with Heriott watt on this course just behind LSE and cass.

It has a few qualified actuaries do some modules are done by the statistics teachers.

Its a great location, and is a great uni

If you are certain on being an actuary, go for it as its top notch in th actuarial department!
liyF
Report 9 years ago
Any one of you considering going to Kent Uni this coming Fall for the undergraduate Actuarial Science programme?
Neon Virtue
Report 9 years ago
I am. Insurance for Kent. I choose Manchester(bad choice now) as my Firm
liyF
Report 9 years ago
I think the main thing you would want to look for when pursuing Actuarial Science is the exemptions that the university can provide, and Kent gives exemptions for all CT1-CT8 (provided you meet the requirements of course).And they give two alternatives in granting these exemptions as well.

(Original post by nchada383)
Overall Kent is a fantastic place for actuarial science! It has now got the international reputation not just for AS but as uni as well! At Kent the AS course is very much situated for types wanting to go into the actuarial route. Kent is on par with Heriott watt on this course just behind LSE and cass.

It has a few qualified actuaries do some modules are done by the statistics teachers.

Its a great location, and is a great uni

If you are certain on being an actuary, go for it as its top notch in th actuarial department!
Are you taking up Act Science in Kent?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads