grandma is acting horrible today Watch

diabloxxx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
This may sound a silly topic, but shes really hurt my feelings this morning. Im a guy btw just to start. Is it common for a grandma to really say something nasty about your weight etc when you know you're fine? Such as 'your're looking very very very thin today'. When i know i actually look normal. How can i look extremely thin one day or not the next? Do the elderly actually forget their manners sometimes? Please tell me its a symtpom of old age, and im not actually extrmeley thin and shes an evil cow
Age_of_Innocence
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Old people are unconfined by social niceties and tact, and generally say what they think when they think it.
Airlyeth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, old people tend to just say what they think right off. My grandma is the same. You just have to take it all with a pinch of salt.

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that they've grown up in a different time...I don't know.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
haha my nan used to say the same. Im not even that thin and i remember her saying something like anorexia is a disease you know...
nice!
kizzz!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol, it sounds just like my grandma! Thing is, they usually don't really think before they speak and if they do, they don't realise how what they're saying could be interpreted :p:
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:troll2: hmmm?

thats not that horrible, she might be just trying to be caring and worried that u are not eating enough food.
girlbiker
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diabloxxx)
This may sound a silly topic, but shes really hurt my feelings this morning. Im a guy btw just to start. Is it common for a grandma to really say something nasty about your weight etc when you know you're fine? Such as 'your're looking very very very thin today'. When i know i actually look normal. How can i look extremely thin one day or not the next? Do the elderly actually forget their manners sometimes? Please tell me its a symtpom of old age, and im not actually extrmeley thin and shes an evil cow
erm..we dont know what you look like
but grandmas have a way with words..take no notice unless your bones are poking out of your skin :yep:
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
man the **** up
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Every time she insults you just refuse to take her to the toilet, she'll soon learn.
Hawiz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My grandfather used to be like that, I miss him

My grandmother on the other hand, she's never said a bad word about anyone bless her.
GodSlayer2009
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
man the **** up
You just got Rep'd
-XxX-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
pretend to go deaf...it always works
Tefhel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha my Grandma says the same thing, well, she doesn't say "very, very, very". I take it as a compliment, isn't being thin a good thing? Perhaps try to be less insecure about your body image, unless she was saying it in a snarling way it wasn't a mean/rude thing to say at all.
G.A.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gosh you think that's mean? You haven't met my wealthy grandad who has never even sent me a birthday card in his life!
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
BE NICE!

She might die at any point, and she's paid her taxes and lived for a long time, she deserves to not have to be polite I hope I can be like her one day
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"It takes 42 muscles to show a frown but just 4 muscles to ***** slap that mofo."
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
I can't believe how mean you are.
Chloe_xx
Report 9 years ago
older people tend not to think before they say certain things, don't take it too seriously :-)
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My Nan was just the same, OP. She would also make loud personal comments about perfect strangers too......much to the embarrassment of my Auntie
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Be nice:grin:
:tongue:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed