The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am going to rep you today, OP, because I like Get Cape....
Reply 2
The popular people make themselves popular. :yes:
Reply 3
You

once you think that the person is popular, he becomes popular, relative to you

understand the term 'popular' now?

:woo:
I think it's how the popular people act really. They either think themselves superior or they are really nice people which is why everyone likes them (not that usual when compared to the first!). But I dunno, this is just guessing...
yep happens to me all the time - especially in exams :frown:
Reply 6
omgg no one is popular :O
dont ever think that, because then ill have to call you pathetic :smile:
XD
Reply 7
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Is it not the "unpopular" people who somehow make the "popular" people "popular" but viewing them as "superior"? Just wondering.....

ps have you ever said a word lots of times and realised how strange it sounds?:p:

are you stoned?

anyway, yes I think it's the unpopular that makes the popular ones. And yes, the word get kind of awkward if you repeat them a lot of times.
I think it is generally everyone else who makes the popular people, popular. If they stopped seeing them as something special, theyd no longer be popular. Make sense? Sometimes its also a confindence thing..people who think they're "all that" make other people believe it.
Reply 9
i think you just need one person who is already popular to back you up
and once they think you're popular and will back you up/invite you to the parties/make an effort to hang out with you
you're in!
It's not a call of "who" but "what", e.g. I've noticed that the popular people always stick by their friends, not their work. They are VERY, VERY social, very extroverted. They are "in fashion", they relate to everybody, they are good at everything, everyone wants to be their friend etc...

Btw, what I learned is that, one can never BE popular, you just have to have "it".
I always wanted to know this cos all it took was one summer holiday and a change of school for me to go from being the most popular girl in the school to being a complete outsider. Big shock to the system and apparently the root of my depression.
Reply 12
Idiocy.
Reply 13
I dunno, but at my school the popular people aren't really popular, because the 80% of people outside their little clique hate them!
hippieglitter
I always wanted to know this cos all it took was one summer holiday and a change of school for me to go from being the most popular girl in the school to being a complete outsider. Big shock to the system and apparently the root of my depression.

Karma, bitch. Karma.

:p:
Reply 15
Looks make people popular, among many other things.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Is it not the "unpopular" people who somehow make the "popular" people "popular" but viewing them as "superior"? Just wondering.....

ps have you ever said a word lots of times and realised how strange it sounds?

Aha yeah, I know what you mean - especially with the word 'visual' o_O
Anyway, back on topic, I always thought they labelled themselves as popular then everyone else has to put up with it :/
Walkin'Butterfly
Karma, bitch. Karma.

:p:

Apart from the depression it doesn't bother me anymore the small handful of friends i have now are each worth 10 of the friends i had when i was popular.
Reply 18
God knows, I just remember when I was in highschool all the 'popular' people were slutty little mean ugly bitches that are now pregnant by their brothers because nobody wants to tap their skanky inbred arses.

Yes, I did hate them. lol.
hippieglitter
Apart from the depression it doesn't bother me anymore the small handful of friends i have now are each worth 10 of the friends i had when i was popular.

Yeah. Its better to have a few real close friends.

Latest

Trending

Trending