Exams Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know this isnt really health and relationships but please keep anon. Delete rather than move.

Im doing finals and oxford but the thing is I have got myself into such a state. I just dont think Im smart enough and all through revision it has gone really badly and i just havent known where to start. Ive had a few exams and they have gone really badly, ive got to the exam and panicked and not been able to write anything or remember anything.

I have one exam left and I feel so sick and anxious. I cant stop crying and i just cant look at my work. The thought of the exam hall makes me feel so sick because I know its just gonna happen all over again where I have three hours with nothing to write feeling all panicky and horrible.

Im in a real state I dont know what to do. I cant look at anything because I know i wont remember it anyway. I really feel like giivng up but part of me thinks I might as well go to the exam and see what happens.

Does anyone know what I can do, I feel really horrible, this like tight sick feeling in my stomach just wont go away. And i just feel like ive ruined my life - three years all to waste because the exams have gone so badly.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why are you crying? just learn it if you dont wanna fail ,for christsakes.
afoneleri
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know exactly how you feel - I'm coping relatively well with my exams this year, but I was in a proper state last year. Believe me, you are not the only one who feels this way - not that that's much comfort.

Take a break. Turn off for a bit. Go for a walk, go have a chat with a friend, watch a tv program you enjoy, cook a decent meal, anything that will help you relax. You've got yourself into a negative spiral of worry, and you need to break out of it before you can feel composed and be effective again.

When is your next exam? Once you've had a break, you can get back to revision. Either do some practice papers (if you have a couple of days), or read over your revision notes (if its less than that). It might not seem like it when you're reading them, but just going over the material again will help you remember things.

Good luck with your last exam! But try to remember - even if it seems like it now, this isn't the end of the world. It's just an exam. And you can do it - you wouldn't be there otherwise.
crema
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:hugs:

It's a tough time of the year and you are not alone with those feelings. I have the exact same feelings, and I've got my very final exam tomorrow.

There's not much to be done anymore but when you get to the exam just try relax. Breath deep and try to pick any answers you think you might be able to answer. Remember, it is often not what you say that counts but how you say it, so as long as you can form a cogent argument you can pass. You might as well go to the exam and doodle anything on the paper, as anything is better than not going...

Eat well and try to get enough sleep, it really does make a difference. Do some yoga, go for a run or anything that works for you can help too. If you have the time, what helps me is to write down in detailed bullet points answers to previous exam questions. Sometimes reading other people's essays (if they are good that is) may help too, more than just revising old material.

Keep your chin up, not much longer to go. Just work as hard as you can until then and remember, exams are highly artificial exercise and they don't really tell much about your true abilities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads