should working class people go to private school?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
PRIVATESKLGIRL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bohogirlie)
I get offended when people say that...Private Schools are not snobby at all, i should know after leaving a state school for a private school seven years ago.
many private schools are though.
bohogirlie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PRIVATESKLGIRL)
many private schools are though.
But the point im trying to make is not all are.
PRIVATESKLGIRL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bohogirlie)
But the point im trying to make is not all are.
oh yeah, i don't disagree with that!
Masonne
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gayboy09)
Is this come sort of slur on working class people from the north?
Brasil85, you are an idiot, the fact you don't "know" any working class people and then make a judgement on them (us) is showing prejudice.

I believe that your narrow view of "the father should pay" is completely blind, they are such thing as circumstance in the real world, and not wishful thinking of caviar supper with polo on a sunday.
You are an idiot, what occupation do you think "working class people" have, and what about the range of income?

Your generalisations make me sick, they make me think of stupid people with posh accents, living off "daddy's money", and he was probably living off his dad's money too.

IDIOT!!
i agree he is an idiot, but unfortunately you stoop to his level and are guilty of the exact same snobbery and prejudice that he is guilty of.
Masonne
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There are too many maybes here, which leads me to believe that there are lots of maybe nots. I would say that the idea of both parents working an 80 hour week is insane, it may happen, but not to fund their child to go to private school
you seem remarkably sure about this point. i'm not. some people do perceive private school to be valuable for their childs education and future well-being, or success in life and value their childs education enough that they want to do whatever they can to help. i personally know of two people whose parents thought exactly that, but came from very poor backgrounds and essentially sacrificed much of their time so that their children could go to a private school.

Of course people that go private school are going to be branded posh, quite simply because the majority are. I know no one that goes to any private school, and in fact I wouldn't want to, as I would feel that the private school boy/judge would judge me in a traditional view, as class divisions obviously exist even today.
yeah this is what is called prejudice. and essentializing people (its one of my pet hates!) you dont know any private school people but you make the most assured statements that "quite simply the majority are". basically you spout stereotypes without even experienceing the reality (and by the by, you fail to realise wealthy does not always mean posh, so many of the kids at private school may be there as they have wealthy parents, not posh ones)

I think jigjar is an idiot, his point made as he is a private school child.

Idiot.
i'm glad you decided to sign your intelligence level and not your name at the end of your rant. :p:
nosos
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PRIVATESKLGIRL)
But hey does it really matter.. as long as your happy at the school your at and you get the future your looking for and the education you want then does it really matter.. no!
You get the future and education you're looking for as a matter of course. Others aren't so lucky.
MrColin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by brasil85)
Yes why not. Many working class people are clever so should be allowed into private school like Eton.
Do we really want them bring some of there horrible culture into the civillised areas?!? It is a ludacriouos idea. If you want a private education you should be the one paying for it! whic leaves out all those horrible peopl

I am sterotyping here a little to much I feel, but it is beside the point.
nosos
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MrColin)
Do we really want them bring some of there horrible culture into the civillised areas?!? It is a ludacriouos idea. If you want a private education you should be the one paying for it! whic leaves out all those horrible peop
Yeah, I mean, they might actually be able to spell and junk…
MrColin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by miss Spelled)
There is nothing wrong with being working class, its just like masterbating, perfeclty aceptable but nothing you want to be prowd of. You also get celluse on your hand, ha ha ha (LOL)
perfecct example her of horrible phrases that could be used!
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They should be entitled to go to any school they please and are capable to do the work in xoxo
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (73)
12.35%
Virtual campus tours/open days (143)
24.2%
Live streaming events (51)
8.63%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.31%
A uni comparison tool (138)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (131)
22.17%