The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

from what i read just like to say to meepmeep - about what you said i do agree but at private schools we do have bad kids aswell! quite alot of them too.

and to Pencil Queen - not all private schools are the same.

basil85 - sometimes what you say seems quite stuck up, but not in a mean way!

i just want to say people who've never been to a priavte school then you really dont understand what its like until you've been to one, for atleast a month or so and understand private schools arent exactly what you think. So after you been to a private school you can then say you either hated it or loved it. But after i been at a private school for 6 years i love it and i still do!

Also, private school people! think about it, were not that socially out of it, we go clubbing everyweekend, we have Summer balls etc. we have partys all the time and we have a great social life aswell as anything else.
everyone from each school knows everyone!!

Also were not all so good - alot of us private school students go to polzeth in the summer.. where we stay at places such as camps such as robbie loves and then we go to the beach at night such as Daymer Bay or Oyster Catcher, and most private school people are probably worst then state school students, we drink way too much when were under age, we do drugs cos we can afford it, we smoke like chimneys and were not all good toffs like you all think!

Just something for you all to think about it.
Us private school students are not all just about amazing grades!
Reply 101
Yes sorry but I can't help it.I am not all that bad sorry privateschoolgirl
Reply 102
Private school kids are the worse,
so your not a private school kid?
Reply 104
Yes I am. the wrose for getting drink more. I was the wrose during my last year.
Reply 105
PRIVATESKLGIRL
from what i read just like to say to meepmeep - about what you said i do agree but at private schools we do have bad kids aswell! quite alot of them too.

i just want to say people who've never been to a priavte school then you really dont understand what its like until you've been to one, for atleast a month or so and understand private schools arent exactly what you think. So after you been to a private school you can then say you either hated it or loved it. But after i been at a private school for 6 years i love it and i still do!

Also, private school people! think about it, were not that socially out of it, we go clubbing everyweekend, we have Summer balls etc. we have partys all the time and we have a great social life aswell as anything else.

Also were not all so good - alot of us private school students go to polzeth in the summer.. where we stay at places such as camps such as robbie loves and then we go to the beach at night such as Daymer Bay or Oyster Catcher, and most private school people are probably worst then state school students, we drink way too much when were under age, we do drugs cos we can afford it, we smoke like chimneys and were not all good toffs like you all think!

I'm not denying that you don't have bad kids, but I would expect the proportion of bad kids to be fewer, simply because the pupils are more likely to come from priviledged backgrounds. Not that I'm saying that all people in private schools don't deserve it or are all minted, but I doubt that you get many parents who simply do not care about their children or their education at all. The group is still in the minority at comprehensives, but it forms a larger proportion than at private schools.

Then again, I come from what I perceive as a priviledged background as my parents care about my academic achievement and support me a lot, so I can't complain really!

And about the perception that all private school kids are stuck up. I know that's not the case. There may be a minority that act that way and that group may be slightly larger in the private sector, but it is in no way representative of the group as a whole as I've met a fair few people from private schools who act completely normal - ie. not arrogant and big headed.

But you're right, it would be difficult to comment without both swapping schools and working in the other's school for a month or so. Fancy arranging a placement swap? Call it learning experience. We could sell it as a brand new initiative to the government! Probably wouldn't work mind... :wink:
PRIVATESKLGIRL

Where did I say they were?

I didn't even say I had any problems with private schools existing (although I would rather there was no demand for them) or that I have any problems with people who've attended private schools.

My point was that a private school of any sort would not have suited me. That isn't to assume that all other people in the country should be forced to do the same as I did. In fact some people do thrive in a private school/selective environment.

Please don't put words in my mouth.
Reply 107
PRIVATESKLGIRL

LOL

Private schools have bad kids? i think not! you idea of bad is being 5 minutes late for class! the school I went to was renound for taking in drop outs from other schools in the area because nowhere else would have them! lets say that our school looks like a prison suposedly to keep intruders out but really its to keep the students in. at one point everyday the lessons after dinner were either canceled or a number of classes were combined cos of all the student who just went home at dinner. i remember in my last year a couple of guys decided to set fire to the roof, we had fire drills about twice aday cos people just kept setting them off, the fire department actually fined the school. there were bars on the windows cos they were always getting shashed.

I also have a friend who went to a privete school for a while and he says that there arn't bad people in private schools.

If you think smoking and drinking underage are bad then over 95% of my old school are bad! and if there were bad people in private school then they would get chucked out cos they don't have to keep the students there
Reply 108
Yes you are right but you will allways find priavte school kids are bad. Anyone will tell you that who has been to one.
Reply 109
brasil85
Yes why not. Many working class people are clever so should be allowed into private school like Eton.

They can. I know a working class guy who got into Machester Grammer school and their family doesnt have to pay as he did an exam which showed he is AMAZINGLY clever. He got 6A* and 5As. If the school will benifit from letting working class kids in for free, like they did here(he got good grades for the school) then they will let them in. But it doesnt happen that much.
Reply 110
Machester Grammer school is one the best schools. my school had the same kind of system with them. But grammer school are different to priavte schools. One boy left beacuse he felt out of place with the other boys. It was sad he got 10 A at GCSE and hoped to win a place at Durham or newcastle.
Reply 111
brasil85
Machester Grammer school is one the best schools. My boys at my school had the same kind of system with them. But grammer school are different to priavte schools. One boy left beacuse he felt out of place with the other boys. It was sad he got 10 A at GCSE and hoped to win a place at Durham or newcastle.

MGS is a private school.
the point is not the injustice being done to the working class but that idiots like brasil85 maintain a difference in personality between classes!! that is as ignorant and inflammatory as saying there is a difference between races - with one better than another - the whole "but I have a friend who is *****!" (where ***** - please insert black/white/fat/gay/working class) defence remains ridiculous.

I was born in Newham, housing association house, Mum disabled, moved out of the East End, Dad worked, took over the mortgage, didn't take benefits (although may as well have done for what he earned). I passed my 11 plus and am now at university in Cambridge. So am I working class? Lower middle class? Middle class? Or just me who, by accident of birth never had a lot of money but a (little bit of) brain.

Should working class kids go to private school? Most prob wouldn't want to. Grammar school was snobbish and greed-ridden enough - sorry but money was treated as a definition of character, which, in the real world, is absolute rubbish.
Reply 113
the people on this thread who are at state school seem very defensive although they too are stereotyping people (in their case the ones at private school). Not everyone is the same. The posh kids who boast may stand out the most because they're the loudest and most obnoxious at private schools, but they're definitely not the majority. Most kids come from "normal" families and are only there because their parents have saved up to give them a good education. Give private schools a break.
Reply 114
brasil85
Yes why not. Many working class people are clever so should be allowed into private school like Eton.

Eton has sweet fuck all to do with intelligence as Prince Harry demonstrated. It's a common, ignorant misconception that private schools are here to cultivate the intelligent children of the rich. Check your facts before suggesting such rubbish.
Reply 115
brasil85
Private school kids are the worse,

Oh grow up and talk bull shit somewhere else.
Reply 116
brasil85
Yes you are right but you will allways find priavte school kids are bad. Anyone will tell you that who has been to one.

And I know a fair share of tossers who were state educated.

There is NO correlation between being a prick, and how you were educated.
Tednol
Eton has sweet fuck all to do with intelligence as Prince Harry demonstrated. It's a common, ignorant misconception that private schools are here to cultivate the intelligent children of the rich. Check your facts before suggesting such rubbish.

I think you should check your facts. Eton does infact have an entrance exam of which only 1 in 5 pupils are succesful in obtaining a place. Fact: prince Harry achieved the worst grades for A level in the whole year of 200 or so students by a long way. Having been taught by teachers at Eton, as well as discussing with them the admissions proceedure, I trust I have been well informed.
Reply 118
Working class ppl should leave the bourgeoise capitalists alone and bide there time until one day they can otherthrow the dreaded economic base super-structure...power to the people and all power to the soviets
Reply 119
Ralfskini
I think you should check your facts. Eton does infact have an entrance exam of which only 1 in 5 pupils are succesful in obtaining a place. Fact: prince Harry achieved the worst grades for A level in the whole year of 200 or so students by a long way. Having been taught by teachers at Eton, as well as discussing with them the admissions proceedure, I trust I have been well informed.

Granted, just used Eton because Prince Harry was a nice example most people will have heard.

Again, don't make the mistake of thinking all public schools are for clever, rich children.

Latest

Trending

Trending