Childcare Grant Watch

violetcath
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all

I am coming up to my 3rd year at uni. I just recieved a final notification saying I would not be entitled to the childcare grant for the next academic year. I am confused because my childcare costs have not changed and our income is lower than any previous years. I contacted the LA who say it is right. Does anyone know how they calculate the childcare grant?
kazzmaniandevil
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im intigued by this myself, i have also applied for this and i have been declined verbally but havent had it confirmed in writing, getting very frustrated by the whole process.
Taiko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Entitlement to childcare grant is worked based on your partner's net income, less allowable outgoings. If you're then eligible, you are able to claim 85% of the costs.
hoochi0055
Report 9 years ago
where do you actually put their net income sorry if daft question so after dedutions is that gross income or net sorry i think iv made a right mess of application i put partners net for 09/10 then did a change of circumstances as someone told me it was gross now i dnt now whats right any advice pls
Taiko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gross is for maintenance grant, and would be before deductions. Net is for PLA, Childcare and ADG's and is after tax and NI
hoochi0055
Report 9 years ago
im really sorry i havnt got a clue i have applied for everything and incme based but on my application it only asked for partners income after deductions so im assuming i did this correct but what worries me is i have now sent a change of circumstances giving his gross income i have sent this form with my marriage certificate and they havnt recieved it yet so not sure what to do
metalmonkey
Report 9 years ago
I am a first year applicant and I have also received a final notification letter awarding 0.00 for CCG and PLA. Needless to say I have just got off the phone to SF and in attempting to cover their incompetency, they have requested 'further' proof in addition to the gazillion that I have already sent off in support of my application.

I dread the thought of having to deal with this year in year out for the next 3!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads